Seven Springs....

phillycore

It looks like I'll be spending a LOT of hours driving back and forth to the Pittsburgh area on the weekends for the next 2 months.

I might get the opportunity to ski at seven springs for a few hours if I'm even the least bit of lucky.

Can't say that it was really on my list of things to do, but I guess it's another mountain I could add to the been there, done that list.

def worth stopping by. not sure what your into but seven springs has a decent amount of everything. their trails are not the steepest but they have a good park, and a lot of trails. most are pretty different that what its like around here. they have a lot of super wide open stuff which is really fun. They also have a decent amount of bumps on varyingly steep trails, if i remember correctly.

ticket prices are pretty mellow too.

Edited by mollyskeez

def worth stopping by. not sure what your into but seven springs has a decent amount of everything. their trails are not the steepest but they have a good park, and a lot of trails. most are pretty different that what its like around here. they have a lot of super wide open stuff which is really fun. They also have a decent amount of bumps on varyingly steep trails, if i remember correctly.

yeah. it's an awesome place to check out. especially if you get lucky like myself with the snow.

thank you douglas.

Isn't Blue Knob out that way as well? I'd throw that one on the list also if you're out there.

It is, but its proximity to the turnpike is not as attractive as Springs or Hidden Valley. I was at Hidden Valley for an event a few weeks ago and someone told me Blue Knob actually has some steeps that Springs and HV don't. Not sure how much I believe the dude but apparently they do have biking in the summer that is pretty legit so if I'm in the area I'm gonna check it out.

Trackbiker how far from the turnpike is Blue Knob?

Google Maps says 33 minutes but I bet you could do it in 25 min. without speeding too much.

It's right up PA 220/I99 from TPK exit #148. Of course if you did it in a snow storm it would take much longer. The lodge is really at the very top of the mountain and it's a gnarly road to get there in a storm. The last time I was there there was so much snow the ski racks were buried with about a foot sticking out. Everyone just layed their skis against them anyway. Much better terrain than 7 Springs. No high speed lifts. Real glades. 2nd only to Elk in PA IMHO.