steamboat 2/28-3/2

mbike-ski

first trip out west for me and mrs snowbunski.left the kids home and got to co yesterday, seemed like the longest day of my life but was having a fat tire on the gondala sqareu deck by 3 followed by more beers in town and an awesome buffalo steak at 8th st.

first gondola ride this morning for mrs s

001.jpg

skiid 8:30-3-ish off of storm peak>morningside>pony express>lunch then sunnyside. bluebird all day, nice temps, baked faces and smiles for sure. mrs snowbunski did great and skiid out of her comfort zone for an awesome day!

stopped for a breather and a self portrait

009.jpg

looked up

010.jpg

looked down

011.jpg

looked all around

013.jpg

• Like 2

Delicious. I know write where you are in those pics. I lapped the shit outta those trees on turkey day. They were crazy good for that time of year, and I was the only one in them. Told multiple people on the lift to follow me in, but nobody listened. There loss in the end, but I really wanted to hit a tree jib I found in there and it felt too sketch to hit knowing nobody was around in case I jacked my shit up.

Anyway, looking good. Steamboat is just amazing. Make sure you at least hit the hot springs in town before you go.

• Like 1

Strawberry Park Natural hot springs > In Town Tourist Trap Hot Springs

Think of it like the difference between skiing a mountain like Jack Frost,or Blue (prior to the big air bag)and a Carnival Mountain place like camelback which feels like an amusement park with the waterslide shit in the middle of it.

JMO though

Nope, they have a tour via shuttle option.

Tubing is progression too right? Waterparks kill the nature element of skiing imo.....mountain bike trails is progression....waterparks on mountains is depression

Phillycore wouldn't you need a rental car to get to Strawberry Park?

Phillycore don't hate on waterslides and airbags...it's progression.

• Like 3

yesterday we lapped the far left of mornigside til around eleven - the headwall is a blast with some trees and even a few small old guy hucks. the last dumpageof 18 or so was friday so the snow is tracked out, a few patches of untracked here and there but getting a litle crusty in the mornings. softening up nicely as the day goes on with temps in the mid 30's and sunny skies. i can't say ive ever seen such an intense color of blue...

mrs snowbunski was psyched overcome her fear of the initial morningside drop

002.jpg

we split up before lunch for a bit so i headed over to drop chute 1

006.jpg

009-1.jpg

and run a few more trees in the shadows and closet

010-1.jpg

met up around 12:30 for lunch and beers - both of our legs were pretty fried but it was too beautiful to quit. just cruised some meandering greens til about 3 before heading back to the godnola square deck to end the day with a few pipeline porters

013-1.jpg

• Like 3

Nope, they have a tour via shuttle option.

Tubing is progression too right? Waterparks kill the nature element of skiing imo.....mountain bike trails is progression....waterparks on mountains is depression

please please please get this point across to blue. they're killing biking to focus on the waterpark.

mike, chute 1 is awesome. now it's time to check out the others. that whole area over in christmas tree bowl is super fun if you like tight trees.

First post by Nastar Glenn....whoop whoop.

Blue needs a waterpark for the summer revenue...not everybody haz the skillz to mountain bike but every fat fzck can hit a waterslide.

PASR waterslide day? :rofl

• Like 1