03/12/2011 TR

sexkitten

We pulled in the lower lot around 7:50 AM and were surprised to see that the lower lodge was basically shut down and tickets had to purchased over at the tubing tent. We made it on the snow by 8:10 AM or so and did our 1st run down Paradise. The snow was cord but not tight. It was definitely a sign of things to come. There was a cold wind so I had to run back to the car for mittens then we rode the 6 up and skied over to Burma so we could check out the new upper lodge. The lodge was whatever and the trail was a mushy, ungroomed mess. Much to our surprise neither of the Main St. chairs were running so we had to pole a bit to get back to the 6. After a run or two more we met up with the PASR gang around 9 and did some runs on Paradise and Main St and maybe some others. I got a bad nosebleed while skiing Dreamweaver which was a cookie nightmare so we lost some of the crew. After I cleaned up Vinny, Bob and I did a few more runs including two very good ones on Switchback. By around 10:00 AM the snow was really rutty and soft and my legs were tired to bail. At that point the crowds were pretty much non existent. Out in the parking lot we saw Root, Jeff and Doug so we hung for a 1/2 hour or so then made our way to the BMDI with Jeff. I had a grilled chicken salad and seltzer and Bob had 1 chili cheese dogs, homefries and Coke. He also shamelessly flirted with the counter girls when paying the bill which made me very happy. Overall it was a pretty decent day considering the temps and that it was only our 2nd day this year. Hope to see everyone next Sunday!

I'm still up at the mountain so I'll put some more details up later along with some helmet cam. Was awesome meeting up with everybody and guiding me down my first black runs (main street) of my short skiing career. Somebody could of warned me about the chute though. Holy shit didn't see that coming. Will post more later and should be at blue next weekend bear creek tomorrow (free pass to use) and wrap up some more runs today.