Nestor's retiring, store to become 6th Buckman's location

johnnypowder

I think its always sad to see a family run business shut down, but their reasons seem noble enough. I was a shopper at the Quakertown Nestor's and really enjoyed going to the place... I was really disappointed when it shut down. However, I noticed over the years that it seemed to lose its focus and cut out some of the variety. All in all, I will miss the shop, but I think Buckman's will be an excellent addition. They have some great deals, especially when it comes to lift ticket vouchers and coupons, and a great selection of gear...

i wouldnt have given that shit to junior either :lol:

seriously though thats sad. i was gonna try and get a new pair of boots before i moved but guess thats not gonna happen. never been to buckmans but i hear its good. although people say christys is good too. monopoly of ski shops in CO.

Edited by JiveTurkey

i wouldnt have given that shit to junior either :lol:

seriously though thats sad. i was gonna try and get a new pair of boots before i moved but guess thats not gonna happen. never been to buckmans but i hear its good. although people say christys is good too. monopoly of ski shops in CO.

I have never heard anyone say christy's is good. Colorado Ski and Golf/Boulder Ski Deals is pretty awesome though

Sucks to see this I was going to get a new pair of boots there based on some peoples recommendations. Oh well I guess i'll have to find somewhere else.

i mean, buckmans taking over nestors is still going to be the best shop around :)

what else is there?

I have never heard anyone say christy's is good. Colorado Ski and Golf/Boulder Ski Deals is pretty awesome though

meant more along the lines of shop locations. christys blows but i used to work at the dillon local. terrible shop, usually chill employees.

buckmans is like the only legit shop in this area now.

this is Pennsyltucky plenty of people buy their ski gear at Army Navy..

that was my point.

Edited by JiveTurkey

this is Pennsylvania plenty of people buy their ski gear at Army Navy..anyway I bought my jacket and boots at Nestors but online is crushing the brick and mortar retailers.

what happened when you bought your boots online? then what happened when you bought your boots in a shop? did your skiing improve? i'm as guilty as anyone for buying stuff online (chainlove is my go-to for bike gear) and i work at a shop, but there's some things that, regardless how good the price might seem online, are not worth buying online. we're (PASR users) also generally a lot more educated about gear than your average consumer, so i think long term, while sites like steep and cheap and chainlove are good for people who know exactly what they're looking for, the lack of personal service you get when shopping online is not a good thing for the industry. while it's sad to see nestors close it's doors since it's been a huge part of my life for more than a decade, at least it's being replaced by another family owned operation that still cares about their customers. i can't speak about the employees of buckmans, since i only know a few of them personally, but the people that have worked at nestors over the years have become some of my best friends and favorite people to ski, bike, surf, and hang out with. i hope that everyone involved with buckmans whitehall moving forward share the same passion for the sports that we love and participate in as everyone at nestors does. i guess i'll let this be my public thank you to pete and karen for a bunch of years of employment, lots of education about the ski industry, and plenty of good times.

• Like 2

I have but by the usual suspects who are probably being paid to do so. They were the least helpful "ski" shop in town. Also never trust a "ski" shop that sells lawn furniture in the off-season.

who brings a crossbow skiing?

wait, am i the only one?

c-ya nestors. no skin off my back. i never liked the place anyway. they were always overpriced, and the staff i dealt with was typically pretty arrogant (not everyone, but the majority). never been to buckmans though, so no idea if it'll be for good or worse.

I think it is great for everyone involved. I have gone to Buckman's for a long time and have always had a great experience! they have the best selection of ski and snowboard stuff around. Looking forward to seeing how this new location looks after they have had it for a few years! Wonder if they will do another big event with Pro Skiers and Snowboarders and stuff like they did in KOP last October??