2011-2012 season...

burton71

I doubt it. The grill was more crowded this year than I ever remember it, which given the snow conditions is pretty weird. Definitely more non-skiing locals hanging out then in years past. And they really just took the occasional specials they had last year and made them permanent, like wings on Thursday nights.

I used to be in there a lot but only once this year. Spent most of my time at Elk and also using the warm weather to stay home and get crap done that wouldnt normally get finished before spring. I'm probably going to head over for dinner again in the next week or two, but after my last experience, i'm going for simple stuff like wings or burgers. Maybe i'll just head up to trails end instead.

I did hear they boned the Flying Dutchmen ski club on prices and service lately, not sure they are all that happy with BC right now.

LOL its a hard deal to pass up. 4 or 5 pretty damn good chicken fingers, fries, and apple sauce for like $8. Throw in a couple $2 beer specials and for under $15 you have a solid lunch.

I have dropped more then I like to admit a few nights at the grille however.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nothing eat the double ejection stomach slide I saw last year across the other 420 box.

Saw a kid no more than 10 last year hit the cascade jump, about 8 feet up straight to knuckle, full scorpion double eject. Dad was right behind him too. Might have been two years ago actually, we were all there setting up for the big air.

Saw a dude in a vikings jersey straight air the entire hip to a big backslapper, he just kept going and pulled himself up in time to air over the entire 420 then double eject in the bombhole.

I'm telling you these guys out west don't have a clue what kind of gaper antics go on here in the mid atlantic. I gotta document it, for scientific research and study of course.

Here are some pictures we took near the end of the season at bear a few years ago:

200247.jpeg

200248.jpeg

My favorite gaper moment was seeing this guy with both of his children attached to a leash. The guy had no idea how to ski, and all three ran into one of the pine trees next to Kodiak.

Edited by paolo