Nice write up about Sno

Sno Mountain Skier

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.235455046478641.69022.235211376503008&type=1

Gave my cousin $100 and came up with a much more professional logo than a moose. I think we can all agree that's part of their problem.

I was away for army training last winter, but when I was home for christmas It was packed. I don't think they had a problem last year.

It could, but I didn't see or hear much of cove as far as advertisements. I went there twice this summer and it was awesome, like I said before, the beer was extremely cheap (for a water park, 5 beers for $7!!!!! Bucket o beer!!! and NO LINES!!!!! Why drive to camelback and stand in lines for hours and pay $7 for a weak mixed drink when you can drink beer all day and have the park to yourself at cove, there's your marketing. Beer, Cheap Beer. They should get rid of the moose and just have a beer bottle "Sn

• Like 3

It could, but I didn't see or hear much of cove as far as advertisements. I went there twice this summer and it was awesome, like I said before, the beer was extremely cheap (for a water park, 5 beers for $7!!!!! Bucket o beer!!! and NO LINES!!!!! Why drive to camelback and stand in lines for hours and pay $7 for a weak mixed drink when you can drink beer all day and have the park to yourself at cove, there's your marketing. Beer, Cheap Beer. They should get rid of the moose and just have a beer bottle "Snö Beer" we can even start a brewery in the parking lot.

Tangent.. Seriously tho, BEER

Hmm and to add to that, maybe If it was an 18 and older water park? Titties and beer?! Imagine the crowds..

i didnt go but they did run 2 adult only night at the waterpark this summer

I went to one of them, they served free food! It was actually really good too. It was the last of the season, kinda like hoodie weather, but me and my friends still had a great time.

To me if feels like they're being held back, it always has. It's like they're afraid to put them selves out there. Maybe in these series of events they'll change. Id also like to say from my position, I see up to the GM position and i can tell you, he, along with everyone under him, have a lot of great ideas, always has a smile on their faces, and the GM aleays gets back to me promptly. I wouldnt put any blame there, its gotta be higher. and with their mortgages, I can kinda understand why they'd be concervstive. Imm willing to bet (no evidence, just a hunch) that we'll start to see good news starting to pop up. Mark my words.

When they DO OPEN id really like to see you guys up there, maybe we can get some discount passes for PASR and SponsorMyFace users.

BEER

Sno needs to charge more for beer if they want to pay back their loan and be profitable.

Shadows there are lots of Hooters in PA..reading, Harrisburg, York, King of Prussia, Bensalem...Pittsburgh area.

eh, i grew up on the montana west's and drinkys. need to get out more.

SNO MOUNTAIN DEFAULTS ON LOAN

November 4, 2011

SAM Magazine--November 4, 2011--Sno Mountain, Pa., (formerly Montage) has defaulted on a $5 million loan according to published reports.

The ski area has not made a payment on its state loan in almost a year, and county records show the resort owes at least $1.55 million in unpaid bills, a third of which are real estate taxes.

The Times-Tribune further reported that the company defaulted on its $5 million Machinery and Equipment Loan Fund loan, made its last payment last December and owes the state $4.6 million. The loan, made in April 2009, was for seven years at 5 percent.

The resort also owes approximately $1,078,000 to other concerns. Sno Mountain has two mortgages totalling $9.5 million it is still paying off, according to county records.

According to the resort's website, the area will open and is hosting a job fair tomorrow, November 5.

The latest article didn't really provide any new insights other than they did have a job fair. The employees seem optimistic but they may be being fed a line of bull or information based on hopeful thinking. It appears they may have an "angel" investor in the wings. That's still a lot of debt for the place. Often those type of investors are just fishing for finacial information in order to make a bid for a business after it goes into backruptcy.

Or maybe they are trying to take advantage of the EB-5 program like Jay Peak and Ragged Mt. where the U.S. Government essentially sells U.S. Citizenship for investment in U.S. companies? http://www.eb5jaypea...CFYTe4AodsyAo1g I don't think it would be too hard to find 32 Chinese investors to pay $500K each for them and their families to become U.S. Citizens. Our "free" trade policy has made a lot of Chinese millionaires. What we should really have is "fair" trade. But we'll see about Sno.

I agree that their marketing has been terrible. The whole area trades on the coal mining and railroad heritage. The trails were all originally named after railroad themes. Now they have "Snake"? How does that relate to the moose? Snö is really pronounced something like "Snuoo". Which nobody knows what it means or how it's pronounced. They needed to break with the bad image Montage had but I'm sure they didn't consult with the local Chamber of Commerce or take advantage of any free marketing advice on the name. The moose is also clownish and has no relation to PA. Snake? Moose? Rattler? How do they relate? They have no consistent message. Like I've said many times before...I hope they make it and get some professional ski area management instead of a bunch of lawyers who just have experience in "billable hours". They could have spent a few thousand instead of a few million and significantly improved the ski experience just by fixing the damn lighting! I guess we'll see. Personally, I would prefer they get some professional management as opposed to the Chinese buying citizenship. The Chinese money would just eventually get pissed away as well unless they get some professional ski area management.

Edited by trackbiker

So my meeting went well with Sno, we got a lot of assurance, and a lot of info that'll make your comment's make you look really dumb. Ohh, and their season pass sales are up from last year despite all of this.

Chinese investors for citezenship? all I can say is... WHAT THE FUCK?

You guy's can keep bitching about the name and the moose, which should be addressed some day, but it's not that big of a problem. How many families do you think don't go to sno because they have a moose as a mascot? I don't think very many of you guy's posting on this topic have ever even been to sno, let alone been there more than once in the last 2 or 3 years. You wanna keep pretending you know how to run a ski resort than go ahead, but i'm telling you that in my eyes, you need to get a fucking life. I post on sno's category because I GO THERE. If you want, I can go on blues page and tell them it's stupid they named their resort after a color, that could waste some of my life, but I have better things to do.

So my meeting went well with Sno, we got a lot of assurance, and a lot of info that'll make your comment's make you look really dumb. Ohh, and their season pass sales are up from last year despite all of this.

You guy's can keep bitching about the name and the moose, which should be addressed some day, but it's not that big of a problem. How many families do you think don't go to sno because they have a moose as a mascot? I don't think very many of you guy's posting on this topic have ever even been to sno, let alone been there more than once in the last 2 or 3 years. You wanna keep pretending you know how to run a ski resort than go ahead, but i'm telling you that in my eyes, you need to get a fucking life. I post on sno's category because I GO THERE. If you want, I can go on blues page and tell them it's stupid they named their resort after a color, that could waste some of my life, but I have better things to do.

So how about you share this wonderful info that you have which will make the haters look so dumb?

So how about you share this wonderful info that you have which will make the haters look so dumb?

I'm interested....

Also, to clarify, Blue Mountain Ski Area is named after the Blue Ridge Mountains which run from Georgia into Pennsylvania, not a color, contrary to popular belief.

simmer down there...at least i've been to sno/montage :)

and...remember to take anything the owners/mangement of any company says with a grain of salt. At work, we are considering outsourcing our email to Google, but our general counsel, etc have concerns about security. I had a chance to ask Google's SVP of Security about our concerns, and of course he reassured me. That's his job. :banghead

I'm interested....

Also, to clarify, Blue Mountain Ski Area is named after the Blue Ridge Mountains which run from Georgia into Pennsylvania, not a color, contrary to popular belief.

While the mountain range the ski resort is on is called "Blue Mountain", Blue Mountain is *not* part of the Blue Ridge Mountains (we can thank Ski999 for PMing Doug on Facebook and saying PASRs are morons). It's actually part of the Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians.

Still no specifics on how they plan to deal with all of the debt. Is what they told you a "secret" or did you get a Sno Job? :tinfoil:

For the record; I'm no Sno hater. Yes, I think they spent the $15 million unwisely. For that much you should be riding to the top on a high speed quad with a new top to bottom trail or two and I'm not talking about Rattler which is really just a connector that was already there that they blew some snow on. The Long Haul didn't even operate last year. No top to bottom lift. Which is no big deal with their layout. And would be OK if they were gradually improving the skiing experience without running up all of that debt.. The new snowmaking was great when they took over. What have they done in the mean time to improve the ski experience?

I have skied there several times a season for the last few years. And the lighting still sucks. I don't care about the water park or what they did to the lodge. I don't spend any time there. I ski when I am there. I like the lack of crowds but what is there that will make the real crowds drive past Blue and Camelback to ski there?

No, I'm not getting a "Sno" job. Like I said before, My company, "SponsorMyFace" an action sports media company, has a launch party/rail jam/expo in the books, contracted for feb 4th 2012 at sno, you can check out our website, The real site is under construction. The party is being professionally planned. it'll be awesome. We also have a facebook page. Please like it. (lol)

All the cool info i'm boasting about happened to be "off the record" so i'm not going to tell you anything you didn't read in the recent article in the paper besides maybe this. The rock 107 tower went down because their back up generator doesn't work, the mountain notified the company weeks in advanced that the power was being shut off, and the writer of that great article happened to be with the same company that owns rock 107 (Something like that) So obviously they were pissed because of the loss of revenue, and they were out to give them a really bad name.. Again. It's no suprise that bad news is good news, people like to read shit talk.

$15,000,000 was not just spent on "stuff"

call me crazy, but I'm thinking some of that money went to BUYING THE MOUNTAIN! and I know you can't SEE the new water pumps, the lift drive systems, or most of the WATER PARK but they spent a LOT of that money on the SNOW MAKING SYSTEM and other things the previous owner (county) neglected. Ohh, and you can't just make fucking trails out of thin air. They can't terraform the mountain to make it steeper like they do in sim city.

The lighting isn't that bad. I mean it was bad in the park previous years i'll give you that, but it's being addressed and they've already made improvements.

I love how you guys got so worked up over BLUE MOUNTAIN

So how about this, you think sno's lifts are bad? Boulder's lifts are 10x worse, at least Sno doesn't have wood involved in their chairs.

(Ready for the come backs)

Ready, Set, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by Santa