Winter Park discount for PASR's

Barb

I said I would never buy another place near a ski resort, well never say never. I sold a property in NJ and if I bought another "investment" property I would save a lot of taxes. So that's what I did. I just settled on it last week and am still getting it furnished etc. I'm using a property management company to rent it but they haven't got it up on their site yet since I have no pictures (of it furnished).

I'm including a link from the previous owner's homeaway site. If any pasr's are interested in renting it I would offer a 20% discount, but not for prime time (holidays, March etc). If you are interested contact me directly.

Since I already signed my son up for the race team at Eldora I am not even telling my kids about this until later. I have spent enough money on season passes this year and do not plan on buying one to WP. So I would like to rent it out this season as much as possible and make some money.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p7129933h

• Like 4

@AngryHugo-The whole "moose" bear, elk, even Indian with horses decor is why I graciously declined to "buy" most of their furniture from them. I think they went to every yard sale they could find and bought something with a moose on it. I did have them throw in the two upstairs bedroom sets and sadly one does have tin moose cutouts on the headboard (ewww).

@JFskiDan-It is getting harder to keep the secret since its mine now. But I know as soon as I take them up there they will not want to be going to Eldora and Loveland.

@Nick-any time your interested send me a PM. And yes, I can definitely say I have no regrets about moving to Co. I have no idea why I stayed in NJ so long now I know what places like this have to offer.

Edited by Barb

Jeff-I told the property manager to price it low enough so it rents a lot. The only rate he told me so far is Christmas week (I'm racing to be ready by then). $375 per night. This is the most expensive week and rates will go down from there. If you look on vrbo type in Winter Park, all the developments come up. Click "Sawmill Station" and see what people are charging. Some people charge crazy amounts like $600 per night for Christmas week. I want it to rent so I'm not gonna get greedy.

Next season when I want to use it more often maybe I'll raise the rates a bit. It will sleep 11 when I'm done furnishing it. If you get a decent group of people its not that expensive.

Looks a lot nicer than the hostel I stayed at while in Winter Park, then again that was $30 a night and I'm poor... = )

Congrats Barb.... I too think it's funny (as in ha ha, not strange just to clarify) that you are keeping it a secret from the kids, but I absolutely LOVE the fact that you have the will power to do so!!

I wouldn't be able to myself....lol

@JFskiDan-It is getting harder to keep the secret since its mine now. But I know as soon as I take them up there they will not want to be going to Eldora and Loveland.

i find it funny because my parents did the same thing with me with their place in vermont. they bought it way after i was long gone from their house so it was much easier to do. i think they wanted to make sure they were not making a huge mistake or sometihing before they told me. i doubt you will regret buying it. Real estate is cool...

well of course i get FA. i have to pay pack a 5g loan starting in january unless im a fulltime student lol. so i enrolled in CC here.

i cant go to osu until i do some classes cause high school sucked for me. got to re up on some shit.

a certain someone in my family makes 140gs a year which i see 0 of.

and all my money went to paying a certain other someone because of no income. :)

cruising through life man.