Elk Mtn Law Suit??

guitar73

I was talking about Elk. When is the last time you saw a tele skier at Sno?

While I think Elk is a much better ski area than Sno, I would hate to see Sno go under and not reopen. They are both different and there is a place for both. Even Elk's owner was a supporter of Sno staying open.

Ski areas are like pizza; There's no such thing as a bad one. Some are just better than others. ;)

I think Joe Moores relationship with Sno is love/hate. He hates the fact that they took some business away but then again its the people he would hate to see at Elk. Inner city Scranton people and boarders are not his favorite.

Actually, if i was on speaking terms with the wingnuts who own and run bear creek, i'd suggest they buy Sno. It would be a super place to dump $20m for some condos and a BC style spa set-up. I think a huge amount of infrastructure is in place to make a good run at it. But those BC schmucks are having trouble keeping good loyal people working for them so maybe that wouldnt be a good idea, lol

Edited by Winter

I was talking about Elk. When is the last time you saw a tele skier at Sno?

While I think Elk is a much better ski area than Sno, I would hate to see Sno go under and not reopen. They are both different and there is a place for both. Even Elk's owner was a supporter of Sno staying open.

Ski areas are like pizza; There's no such thing as a bad one. Some are just better than others. ;)

I think Joe Moores relationship with Sno is love/hate. He hates the fact that they took some business away but then again its the people he would hate to see at Elk. Inner city Scranton people and boarders are not his favorite.

Actually, if i was on speaking terms with the wingnuts who own and run bear creek, i'd suggest they buy Sno. It would be a super place to dump $20m for some condos and a BC style spa set-up. I think a huge amount of infrastructure is in place to make a good run at it. But those BC schmucks are having trouble keeping good loyal people working for them so maybe that wouldnt be a good idea, lol

How much of the land was sold with the mountain? Although there may be property that looks developable, is it actually developable?

How much of the land was sold with the mountain? Although there may be property that looks developable, is it actually developable?

Thats a very good question. Not sure at all but i know that there was always issues with the local bark humpers as far as land development and not your typical spats but well organized and using national level support from sierra club and crap like that. Otherwise, the county has some sort of hand in disallowing purchase or use as well. the one i think i recall from my time there was the issue with using too much water out of the cities resevoir. They did dredge it deeper back in the 90's but i dont think that satisfied the tax payers when Montage/Sno sucked a foot or two out in a 24 hour period.

• 1 month later...

Hey coach, I do probably spend too much time here, lol. This year I've kept my earplugs in and haven't paid too much attention to the chatter. I'm just tweaked cause of all the turmoil at anyplace where I spend good money to escape the 9-5only to run into more BS. I'm finding it best to keep focus on the snow, and post ski beverages ;-) I heard nothing about that preliminary hearing, and I have no hope for a quick resolution. You going up this weekend?

I'll be there 'winter'. Not looking good for being there saturday, have some odds and ends to clear up at home and the crowds will be insane. will def. be up for the VOFS party and sunday for sure. Possibly monday if the weather looks nice. You hitting the party sat. night? by the way, the lawsuit is at a stalemate. there was a second hearing last week and it ends up that the mountain won a temporary stay on keeping the gate locked. But the judge did not throw out the suit against the mountain via the village about the violation of encroaching on their property with sewer pipes. Nothing will happen this ski season unfortunately. But the beer will be flowing and all will be good.

Good thing you stayed in lower pa bro, crazy crazy busy, other parking lot packed. I didn't ski long today, instead working on the house instead. I'll pop in later tonight if you are still at the party, not sure if I'm sticking around tomorrow, can't handle the crowds!

• 4 years later...
25 minutes ago, Grimblygunk said:

Reviving this....I heard yesterday that Elk cannot make snow due to the ongoing dispute with VOFS. I cannot find any news online, though. Any more information out there?

Grimblygunk this was talked about on here last week.  I'll bump the thread and a day after it was discussed Elk blew snow.