Monday Night Race League 2012

mbike-ski

a not so good run, an ok run, but the beer is always good!

snow and course were great i thought condsidering the recent temps

the snow on razors is so solid right now, a few 50 degree days wasn't going to loosen it up. good stuff last night. wish I could ski that last headwall though.

Team PASR killed it tonight. We were clear of 3rd place by 32 seconds! A second place finish for PASR tonight puts is solidly in 3rd place, with a chance at second overall. Everyone skied pretty well tonight. Johnny had two solid times, as did Nastar Glenn. The conditions deteriorated on the second run due to the sugar which had an effect on Mike's time. I got hung up in the sugar, almost skied out on the first run, hence my slow time. Team did great...we'll be gunning for second next week.

I *did* manage to lose to Bobert540 tonight by one spot, mostly because of my first run. I'll be gunning for him next week :)

mondaynight31.jpg

mondaynight32.jpg

mondaynight33.jpg

mondaynight34.jpg

another fun night! the set was fast and furious, after a good first run i was hoping to break the 30" barrier but the snow conditions deemed otherwise. after a long wait in the start for a the third gate that just wouldn't stay in the snow i just didn't attack the course hard enough and got right into a defensive run just trying to hold on. and hold on it was, lot of 2nd run dnf's for sure. woulda loved last nights set with last weeks snow! :cheers:

If you post a picture of yourself in your race suit I'll stop posting in this thread!!!

• Like 1

another fun night! the set was fast and furious, after a good first run i was hoping to break the 30" barrier but the snow conditions deemed otherwise. after a long wait in the start for a the third gate that just wouldn't stay in the snow i just didn't attack the course hard enough and got right into a defensive run just trying to hold on. and hold on it was, lot of 2nd run dnf's for sure. woulda loved last nights set with last weeks snow! :cheers:

It's such a stoke stomper being in the gate and having to hold, staring down at the course in front of you. I always stand about 3 feet back and don't step in until he says racer ready. That way...no time to think, ski up to the gate, goggles down...go.

Most impressive last night was the guy that hopped out of the gate and heard STOP as he was already out of the gate, and stopped before the first gate. It was like watching Tiger stop mid downswing.

hahaha yea at this point one beer = bedtime. and as far as the sit ski goes, judging on the difficulty of getting off a couch i don't think i could do much of anything haha. yea busted my tibia at bears big air, got some metal up in me now. life could be worse, bones heal better than ligaments.

hahaha yea at this point one beer = bedtime. and as far as the sit ski goes, judging on the difficulty of getting off a couch i don't think i could do much of anything haha. yea busted my tibia at bears big air, got some metal up in me now. life could be worse, bones heal better than ligaments.

You will be fine man.

i too have metal all up in there. and you're right about bones vs ligaments (I also have experience with that). heal up

Well...congratulations to Team PASR! We finished 3rd overall with a terrible first night. Tonight was a bit weird. Because of conditions on the 2nd head wall, they had to run the course from Razorback to the top of the second head wall...aka a super short course. There was so much sugar everywhere, it was almost dangerous. We were the 2nd team to go on each run, so we had some of the best conditions of the night, and it was still bad. I got a little hung up int he sugar each time, and my times suffered.

Problem with such a short course is everyone gets bunched up and it's easy for guys who can't handle the speed of the head wall to shine on a night like tonight. I was one of the few that was disappointed there wasn't a longer course tonight, but oh well, had to deal with it. I was 7th fastest tonight. Another great showing from team PASR though. We had 6 out of 7 guys finish two runs, and secured 3rd place no sweat. Johnny, Mike and Glenn laid down some consistent times tonight, with a pretty good run out of JStyle run one. It was good enough for a 4th place team finish tonight.

As for prizes, we got a $25 buckmans gift card, 50% buckmans full tune, and a neff hat for 3rd place. Lots of door prizes were given out, and I was the only one on the team not to get one. Johnny got an additional $25 in buckman's gift cards.

mondaynight41.jpg

mondaynight42.jpg

mondaynight43.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a facebook page called the Beer League World Cup. It tracks all four Beer Leagues in the Pocono area and ranks everybody using World Cup scoring. I think this is a cool concept. I didn't even know that Camelback was running one. If I didn't live so far South I would love to participate in more of these.

https://www.facebook...rLeagueWorldCup

Edited by Johnny Style
  • Like 2

Here is a facebook page called the Beer League World Cup. It tracks all four Beer Leagues in the Pocono area and ranks everybody using World Cup scoring. I think this is a cool concept. I didn't even know that Camelback was running one. If I didn't live so far South I would love to participate in more of these.

https://www.facebook...rLeagueWorldCup

hah that's awesome. nice find mr style!