stowe 1/8/11

Justin

went up to stowe for a lazy late am session. 2nd day on snow, very out of shape. skied like shit but still had fun. rolled up around 11, took a few 5th ave laps then headed over to lap the gondy. they were pumping snow on north slope so the triple chair was getting blasted from the guns. runs from the top of the gondy weren't too bad. mostly lapped perry. as you got towards the base the snow turned to shit wind blown ice. snow up top was prime ripable hero snow for sure. snow was lacking in some parts but up top was covered. some spots I ducked off of perry for safety reasons was knee deep in terms of snow depth. all the stuff that was skiable was way tracked out obviously, but there is snow...it was even snowing most of the day.

pretty flat light all day so pics aren't too great.

phototce.jpg

photo1sn.jpg

photo2sq.jpg

photo3rbj.jpg

photo4np.jpg

• Like 1

Haters gonna hate. I'd take Sunday River over Jackson Frost but Stowe owns the east..Justin nice report keep us updated...I remember back in the day when you, Noxidee and some random weirdo went on a road trip to Stowe and skied some sweet woods. Here's hoping it dumps a lot. I'll let you know if visit later this spring.

No hating.. never been to either Stowe or Sunday River.... was comparing the TR's not the mountains

Haters gonna hate. I'd take Sunday River over Jackson Frost but Stowe owns the east..Justin nice report keep us updated...I remember back in the day when you, Noxidee and some random weirdo went on a road trip to Stowe and skied some sweet woods. Here's hoping it dumps a lot. I'll let you know if visit later this spring.

temps all this week are coooolldd. snow might be comin in thursday-saturday. lows of like -8 and shit this weekend. hopefully we get a dump. regardless north slope will be open this week so shits gonna get prime soon.

skied stowe saturday and sunday. freshies all day. some spots were dick deep no joke in the woods. forgot to take my phone so no pics this time, but my roommate went up today while I was in class and still found some pow in the woods:

e17c4e9c0064be1babdb1fb.jpg

long story short get up here. no snow out west but there is most definitely snow up here with more to come this week. probably hitting the bush tomorrow and wednesday, pics for sure this time.

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1