Gear Review Thread

Johnny Law

After a season of use, a quick review on my Lib-tech C2 TRS and Rome Targa bindings.

First the board, probably the best thing I have ever spent money on for snowboarding, quick and responsive in bumps, stable (well kind of, you get used to the loose feeling) at speed, significantly better in powder than my old Dark series in the same length (though by no means a powder board, I no longer feel the need to get one). Do I have any criticism? The graphics on the base cause a certain amount of embarrassment when people really look at it, it doesn't "pop" as well as the dark, or my old timeless off of small jumps/bumps or out of really fast turns on groomers but despite my concerns about rockered boards in general, it holds an edge as well as anything I've ridden. Even the top-sheet has held up pretty well. Overall, 9/10.

Now the bindings: Pro's - very comfortable all day, great foot hold without pressure points and I LOVE the canted footbeds. This might be the one reason why I didn't throw them out mid-season. Cons - and the reason for considering ditching them, QUALITY. after a year these things look 5 years old, cosmetic bits are falling off , the straps have broken twice and for a couple of trips the rear upper ratchet intermittently refused to grip the strap (ice I think but it was visibly clear), some WD-40 seems to have fixed this. The little rubber straps that pull the strap away when un-buckled (great idea) stretch really badly so you have to keep re-attaching them until they snap. If Rome could get their build quality together these would be killer, as it is I am less than thrilled with the purchase. Overall I cant bring myself to give more than 6/10, you might like them if you dont ride that often.