help pick my stick

krs1pitt

I have the Bacons. Best ski i have ever owned. hands down. i've had them in all conditions.

East coast ice: still hold a great edge even with the early rise tip and tail. 18m turning radius can't be beat for a ski of that size.

East coast packed "powder": again, awesome. they are just as stable skiing switch as they are front. i can't get over how good this ski is.

Death cookies: they eat them and shit them out the back 6 feet in the air to hit unsuspecting onlookers in the beak.

Chop and slop: the Bacons can bust through almost everything, depending on how high the piles are, obviously. they don't go through walls, but small piles of slop are nothing that they can't handle.

Buzzed skiing: they keep you up. the rest is up to you.

Powder: da bestest. although, if you are looking for tons of face shots in deep snow, they may not work. the float they have is incredible. falling into a bush may work for face shots, or going to Doug's apartment.

I skied them out in Utah when we got some snow and they were great, i ski them almost every day at Blue and they are great. I don't know too much about the other skies and have never skied them.

I hope that helps.

Would you consider the bacons stiffer compared to similar skis? Currently have a pair of hellbents that have never seen the east coast ice, but even in powder I feel like they are almost too playful.

i don't feel that they are too stiff. they have the perfect flex for every day riding and are great in the soft stuff that we don't get here on the east coast anymore. BMT and Freeridintre snorovr have them as well and i'm sure would chime in if they don't agree with me. i think we all pretty much have never owned anything more fun when it comes to skiing.

some people have sausage fests. but we have bacon parties. can you feel the love?

407962_582081048144_39300404_31921245_1899491272_n.jpg

I have the Bacons. Best ski i have ever owned. hands down. i've had them in all conditions.

East coast ice: still hold a great edge even with the early rise tip and tail. 18m turning radius can't be beat for a ski of that size.

East coast packed "powder": again, awesome. they are just as stable skiing switch as they are front. i can't get over how good this ski is.

Death cookies: they eat them and shit them out the back 6 feet in the air to hit unsuspecting onlookers in the beak.

Chop and slop: the Bacons can bust through almost everything, depending on how high the piles are, obviously. they don't go through walls, but small piles of slop are nothing that they can't handle.

Buzzed skiing: they keep you up. the rest is up to you.

Powder: da bestest. although, if you are looking for tons of face shots in deep snow, they may not work. the float they have is incredible. falling into a bush may work for face shots, or going to Doug's apartment.

I skied them out in Utah when we got some snow and they were great, i ski them almost every day at Blue and they are great. I don't know too much about the other skies and have never skied them.

I hope that helps.

This!!!

This why not get a powder ski why would you want something that does everything. 184cm is über short for a powder ski and 108mm underfoot is narrow. With Toast everything is awesome!!

Have you ever skied the Bacons??? I'm pretty sure you never have, so shut the fuck up. Go take a lesson and learn how to ski then maybe you can comment on how a ski skis.

• Like 1

Have you ever skied the Bacons??? I'm pretty sure you never have, so shut the fuck up. Go take a lesson and learn how to ski then maybe you can comment on how a ski skis.

He may be stupid and in need of a lesson but he's right, if you have the $$$ why half ass a powder ski.

Too much I have a bigger penis than you horseshit in this thread.

DPS 138 Lotus, OG ARG's (next year's I think is a hybrid), Praxis Powder, Moment Donner Party, 4frnt EHP, BD Megawatt (great ski don't sleep on them because its BD) maybe the moment comi. You get the point, the ARV is a 90ish park noodle that occaisionally dabbles in soft snow, the JJ is a great choice if you want them to do something else than just ski nipple deep blower but if you already have that ski why buy another.

• Like 1

I don't ski so my opinion is probably worth nothing but he clearly stated that he had hellbents and feels that they are too playful. Hellbent is as powder ski as you can get unless your into that reverse/reverse shit.

So maybe he's looking for something that has a bit of camber underfoot.

Different strokes for different folks.

I have bacons from a few years back, they're a really nice ski. mine however are the 115 waist ones, they just redid them into 108's with an early rise. toast pretty much nailed it on the description. they ski everything, even jumps. float nice through pow, but they still can shred the fuck out of groomers, I really like skiing bumps with mine too. only problem I had was I felt they're a bit too sluggish in the tight vt trees. worked fine out west but on the tight east I got a few sketchy vibes from them. but with the narrower 108's I'm sure they ski much better trees now.

if you want a fat ski that handles everything, get the bacons. don't expect a dick deep blower nosebuttering ski though. they float real nice, but if you want something specifically for slaying pow definitely go wider and rockered if you're into that. look into moment josh bibby pros. they're without a doubt my next powder ski purchase. such a lively, playful fat ski that can slay pow, even switch.

• Like 1