the pics from today thread

Justin

Not skiing related, but hey, it's winter, and I played outside. Skied the past two days at blue so I decided to take advantage of the warm (shitty!) weather and play bikes. Woke up early with the intention of getting a ride in before the rain only for it to start drizzling as soon as I took my bike out to my patio. The rain subsided after about an hour or so, the sun came out, and the pavement dried up, so I figured I might as well give it a go. I met up with my friend john at noon and we put in a very techy 11.3 miles in the wiss. Rode a few trails neither of us have ridden before, and I've been riding this park multiple times a week for almost 7 years now. I [emoji173]️ the wiss. We stopped for a mid-ride beer half way through that john had stashed in his pack. Founders all day IPA gave me the extra carbs I needed to finish the ride strong. More story than pics but whatever.

post-103-14198159621365_thumb.jpg

John coming out of some techy GNAR.

post-103-14198159923634_thumb.jpg

And crossing a bridge

post-103-14198160096607_thumb.jpg

Said bridge. Metal was a bit slick and kind of terrifying to walk across with cleats.

post-103-14198160428559_thumb.jpg

Mid ride photo shoot while enjoying my beer.

• Like 3

That almost makes me want to go up to Boulder and ski, is that a well cropped photo of a patch of untouched McSnow?

well cropped, yes, untouched mcsnow, yes. I actually hiked up about 30-40 yards into the woods and dropped into a pillow line (4 inches of fake snow covering a bunch of large rocks) to rip this one patch. skiers right on bunny's elbow there are some goodies to be found. if you're ambitious enough you can spend some time in those woods. if there ever is some snow you can probably get 1/2 the way down the trail in the trees. I was spotting some gnar lines inbetween boulder park and draufganger, too.

well cropped, yes, untouched mcsnow, yes. I actually hiked up about 30-40 yards into the woods and dropped into a pillow line (4 inches of fake snow covering a bunch of large rocks) to rip this one patch. skiers right on bunny's elbow there are some goodies to be found. if you're ambitious enough you can spend some time in those woods. if there ever is some snow you can probably get 1/2 the way down the trail in the trees. I was spotting some gnar lines inbetween boulder park and draufganger, too.

Pillow lines? Gnar??? You are talking about Big Boulder ski area in Lake Harmony Pennsylvania correct? Home of the Bunny Schuss and the tilted pool table known as freedom park.

Pillow lines? Gnar??? You are talking about Big Boulder ski area in Lake Harmony Pennsylvania correct? Home of the Bunny Schuss and the tilted pool table known as freedom park.

oh you bet. throw on the rock skis and have at it. but seriously that post was about 98% sarcasm. I was having too much fun skiing through things you shouldn't ski on today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...