the pics from today thread

Justin

Arrived in Yellowstone late yesterday afternoon. Staying at Mammoth Hotel near the north entrance. Later today getting a snow coach to Old Faithful hotel. Girls on this trip seem a little less adventurous then I am used to. The majority opted to go see the Mammoth Terraces, which have boardwalks around some thermal features. There is a short snowshoe from that location.

One girl and myself chose a longer snowshoe. We were the only ones on the trail and it was a beautiful morning. Saw lots of elk and have seen lots of buffalo from a safe distance. People are saying there have been a lot of wolf sightings this week so that would be cool.

Sitting in the lodge now since I had to check out of my room before the snowshoe. Wish I could take a nice hot shower because I sweated my ass off on the uphill snowshoe and now I am really cold!

8ae0d1e66073f1a5f76d14d853126683.jpg

ae53024f044c22bbb0a2f0fa31b4584b.jpg

1ab49282d3cdd0bd58c822000bf6423e.jpg

d3e5bde676381058bedc43229bbe79b2.jpg

9a7287ed46db59a295e31fe0da70c344.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Barb said:

Arrived in Yellowstone late yesterday afternoon. Staying at Mammoth Hotel near the north entrance. Later today getting a snow coach to Old Faithful hotel. Girls on this trip seem a little less adventurous then I am used to. The majority opted to go see the Mammoth Terraces, which have boardwalks around some thermal features. There is a short snowshoe from that location.

One girl and myself chose a longer snowshoe. We were the only ones on the trail and it was a beautiful morning. Saw lots of elk and have seen lots of buffalo from a safe distance. People are saying there have been a lot of wolf sightings this week so that would be cool.

Sitting in the lodge now since I had to check out of my room before the snowshoe. Wish I could take a nice hot shower because I sweated my ass off on the uphill snowshoe and now I am really cold!

8ae0d1e66073f1a5f76d14d853126683.jpg

ae53024f044c22bbb0a2f0fa31b4584b.jpg

1ab49282d3cdd0bd58c822000bf6423e.jpg

d3e5bde676381058bedc43229bbe79b2.jpg

9a7287ed46db59a295e31fe0da70c344.jpg

Nice pictures Barb!!!  Where do you meet these unadventurous ladies??  I thought the chicks you hangout with are badass like the bikini girl with the horse head mask lol

• Like 1

I go on a lot of Bold Betties trips. Anyone (female) can go. But usually we are all the same level as far as fitness and wanting to push each other to do things. This group the ladies are a bit older. I’m just happy to be here. It’s very scenic.

• Like 1

Very empty. This is the last week the park hotels are open then they close till summer. Just got to the old Faithful Lodge. This place much nicer then Mammoth. The snow coaches were very cool, just purchased in 2016. She said it would take 2.5 hours to get here, it took 4.5. But it was like our own private tour of the park.

Cross country skied today. Forecast didn’t call for snow but it’s coming down hard here! Wanted some solitude so I chose to go out solo on a trail instead of with the other ladies.

a4d6c85963a93d108dfd8bd25b865d69.jpg
All along the trail were geysers. Really something to see with the snow and steam. They all looked stunning.

1446d91639e8d2913cdf8c3ade57fe54.jpg

15dd38440cdf5707bfffbbe05c2e1672.jpg

bbf413332d616abd39af784389d441db.jpg

013c022fc0dab2d8996507753d758eac.jpg

• Like 8

I dont really get the appeal of the geyser stuff. Oh neat, steam.
volcanoes though...

Need to be there and see them to appreciate them. Nature is fucking wild. I couldn’t imagine how amazing it would be to xc ski through a national park like that. Jelly.

• Like 3

I always do a handful of XC days and I do log them. I have my own at home. These are rentals. I brought my snowshoes but wasn’t going through the hassle of bringing the skis. $18 for a half day rental....cheap!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Barb said:

I always do a handful of XC days and I do log them. I have my own at home. These are rentals. I brought my snowshoes but wasn’t going through the hassle of bringing the skis. $18 for a half day rental....cheap!

Barb have you had any wild game??

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The airport would have been a good place to finish the steamboat report 

Barely had enough time to smash a smash burger before boarding in the airport due to long checkin line and extra hour plus bus ride to Denver due to snow