the pics from today thread

Justin

Nashville is cool.  Theres a shitload of live music, not karaoke, no DJ's, no library bands....etc.  I went to the Wildhorse Saloon, i thought that was a pretty cool place, but im sure its not the only one.  It may have been the biggest bar i've ever been in though.  Take the HeeHawlin taxi service.  Pretty neat riding around town in a chauffeured golf cart.    Tons of good BBQ too.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, antman12 said:

I sat in the last row facing backwards all the way to Florida in one of those when I was like 5. Apparently my safety wasn't much of a concern.:confused

I used to lay on the shelf below the rear window of my dads Chevelle, going to Dairy Queen for ice cream.  Why?  just cause i could.  My parents also brought me home from the hospital in a laundry basket.  

Yeah, times have changed.  

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I used to lay on the shelf below the rear window of my dads Chevelle, going to Dairy Queen for ice cream.  Why?  just cause i could.  My parents also brought me home from the hospital in a laundry basket. 

I remember my dad stuffing the lap belts inside the seat cushion gap to keep them out of the way.  
Who needs these stupid things!?!?

I used to ride on the shelf too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, antman12 said:

I sat in the last row facing backwards all the way to Florida in one of those when I was like 5. Apparently my safety wasn't much of a concern.:confused

My dad used to let my brother and I ride in the back of his pick up with the cab on it. In winter when nobody was in OC he would drive all over the road with us in back and we would be rolling around back there laughing our asses off. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Barb said:

My dad used to let my brother and I ride in the back of his pick up with the cab on it. In winter when nobody was in OC he would drive all over the road with us in back and we would be rolling around back there laughing our asses off. 

Haha I have a similar experience except it was an Astro van with all but the front 2 seats taken out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barb said:

Things my parents did back then as parents would just be off the charts unacceptable by today's standards.  

They let me play on the roof.  And, Actually, the only thing the cops cared about was that i lived there.  

I was probably coming home to an empty house after school sometime like 4th or 5th grade.  

I was allowed to ride my bike pretty much where ever my legs could take me.  

I never wore a seatbelt.  They were uncomfortable and un-necessary.  

My parents didnt know where i was all the time, and it wasnt a big deal.  i always made my way home at some point for dinner, and they were never concerned that i might be shooting up a school.  

The house was unlocked 95% of the time.  We never locked the cars.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Things my parents did back then as parents would just be off the charts unacceptable by today's standards.  

They let me play on the roof.  And, Actually, the only thing the cops cared about was that i lived there.  

I was probably coming home to an empty house after school sometime like 4th or 5th grade.  

I was allowed to ride my bike pretty much where ever my legs could take me.  

I never wore a seatbelt.  They were uncomfortable and un-necessary.  

My parents didnt know where i was all the time, and it wasnt a big deal.  i always made my way home at some point for dinner, and they were never concerned that i might be shooting up a school.  

The house was unlocked 95% of the time.  We never locked the cars.  

Pretty much the rules I grew up by.

I remember jumping off the roof into drifted snow and nobody saying a word.

Laying out on the roof in the spring to get a jump on my summer tan with just baby oil on.

Making jumps out of 2x6s and garbage cans for our bikes before BMX was even an acronym.

The list goes on and on...

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 2

In Moab with some ladies. The climb today is a bit too sketchy for me so I am skipping it. But have an awesome view in the sun. 3 pitches up being belayed from above then a free hang rappel. I know physically I can do it but once you begin you are committed to finishing.

Tomorrow will be normal climbing and I am psyched for that! We are glamping in safari platform tents with real beds. But last night was freaking cold at about 26-28 degrees. About 50 degrees now in the sun feels awesome.

a023ec8cdace4392c38cc9d7fc71f08f.jpg
Sunrise
79cbb0e2d158524791e7a8cbfd4ebcb1.jpg

cce0a8055ab0a496dce823776b3a5110.jpg
When we arrived at Looking Glass arch this morning there were a group of naked people in climbing gear doing a photo shoot.

Is that a belay device hanging from your harness?.......squinting eyes tell me no it’s something I wish I didn’t see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 2