the pics from today thread

Justin

I had to go onsite this morning to review something with the design team and made it a point to get up to the roof. The pictures don't do the view justice. I could have stayed up there all day.

Word on the street is the Penthouses will go for a mere 9-10 Million if anybody's interested.

NYC view.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I had to go onsite this morning to review something with the design team and made it a point to get up to the roof. The pictures don't do the view justice. I could have stayed up there all day.

Word on the street is the Penthouses will go for a mere 9-10 Million if anybody's interested.

NYC view.jpg

That’s cheap for penthouses.  Must be because it’s in jersey city and not Manhattan.  I used to always watch million dollar listing. I hope you at least had a nice lunch while outside NYC

8 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Wyoming State Forest and Loyalsock State Forest. Pa has some beautiful state parks, forests and game lands. All free and open to the public. Get outside🏕

Beautiful photos!!

On 5/5/2018 at 8:34 PM, SallyCat said:

Went for a bike ride this evening and discovered an entire disassembled chairlift at Mt. Ascutney.

1826249788_2018-05-0519_41_10.thumb.jpg.08d5691d50a7cf492c9cf26e16d51569.jpg163263325_2018-05-0519_42_23.thumb.jpg.0961fde94ce3b4ce42ef33c902b27396.jpg1207380450_2018-05-0519_41_48.thumb.jpg.1bfbe2941a89ebd99361673240c7aa5b.jpg296645492_2018-05-0519_42_37.thumb.jpg.3850d52131c2564897c857fa512cbf98.jpg

Sorry to quote my own post, but I just had a great conversation with a local bartender who used to be a lifty on the T-bar at Mt. Ascutney in 1968 (!).  He was full of great stories, but the upshot is that these chairs are actually being installed, not taken down!  Apparently they were donated to the nonprofit that runs the volunteer skiing operation in the winter. It won't go all the way to the top, but will access a nice variety of trails, I'm told. 

Currently Ascutney is the second smallest ski area in New England, so it'll be fun to see wha the chairlift does to the rankings. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That is actually really cool. Looking forward to skiing in Vermont again next winter, and hopefully visiting a Sally during that trip.

Sally visits are mandatory for all Vermont-bound PASRS; there is beer and good-story quota that must be met for each trip. Requirement parameters TBD. 😄

Edited by SallyCat
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Sorry to quote my own post, but I just had a great conversation with a local bartender who used to be a lifty on the T-bar at Mt. Ascutney in 1968 (!).  He was full of great stories, but the upshot is that these chairs are actually being installed, not taken down!  Apparently they were donated to the nonprofit that runs the volunteer skiing operation in the winter. It won't go all the way to the top, but will access a nice variety of trails, I'm told. 

Currently Ascutney is the second smallest ski area in New England, so it'll be fun to see wha the chairlift does to the rankings. 

That's actually a T-bar that they will be installing. Not a chair.

38 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

That's actually a T-bar that they will be installing. Not a chair.

You are correct, sorry about that. The guy I was talking to said "chair" but those are T bar parts. I just signed up as a volunteer to help get them scraped and painted. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is ascutney under new ownership?  Sally how was Killington?

Ascutney is run by an organization called "Ascutney Outdoors" and only has a rope-tow at the moment. Good video here provides a little overview:

http://ascutneyoutdoors.org/

I threw my back out unloading the U-Haul so couldn't ski. I had to meet my bike buyer at Killington anyway, so I went and had a couple beers with friends, sold the bike, and drove back to Brownsville. Everyone said the skiing was good, though. Limited terrain--Superstar and I think four other trails. There was a crazy long line for the lift.

Putting my skis and ski gear in storage today. Bike trails open this week.