the pics from today thread

Justin

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is that the same plane you were in a few months ago??

Correct. 6 people were injured, possibly fatalities. Very tragic, and to lose such an amazing historical aircraft. I read one of the engines failed.

The passengers probably had no idea anything was wrong, since they sit on the floor unable to see out of the windows, and there's no communication with the crew at all.

Edited by saltyant

27 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct. 6 people were injured, possibly fatalities. Very tragic, and to lose such an amazing historical aircraft. I read one of the engines failed.

The passengers probably had no idea anything was wrong, since they sit on the floor unable to see out of the windows, and there's no communication with the crew at all.

Passengers sit on the floor wow..well Salty I’m glad you didn’t die when you flew in that old ass plane. 

40 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Fuck dude!  

Note to self:  do not go for ride in an old ass plane in the future.  

6 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Fuck dude!  

Note to self:  do not go for ride in an old ass plane in the future.  

That plane had been flying into my hometown for as long as I could remember. I probably won't be flying in any old ass planes anymore.

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

That plane had been flying into my hometown for as long as I could remember. I probably won't be flying in any old ass planes anymore.

Well it's cool that you got to do it while you had the chance.

58 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I'll be curious to see the NTSB findings....I'm sure the B-17 is a pretty sturdy airframe....and I would imagine the upkeep being spot on.....basically working history .....you don't want to eff it up.....Tragic loss of life and history.....

I read it was an engine failure. It really sucks thinking about the 7 people who died doing exactly what I did, sitting in the same space, excited for the flight... with a slight concern of the old plane crashing but thinking "nah, that won't happen"....

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I read it was an engine failure. It really sucks thinking about the 7 people who died doing exactly what I did, sitting in the same space, excited for the flight... with a slight concern of the old plane crashing but thinking "nah, that won't happen"....

Well that’s more reason not to take life to seriously and enjoy yourself.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shadows said:

Im better with mixers. I actually had 4 whiskey drinks. Got drunk. Feel ok this morning. If it's good liquor I'm ok. Cheap liquor and beer is my issue I guess.

Somewhere after one nice beer and i will almost certainly get a really bad headache shortly after.  Not sure about the alcohol as i would rather not go down that road.