the pics from today thread

Justin

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Somewhere after one nice beer and i will almost certainly get a really bad headache shortly after.  Not sure about the alcohol as i would rather not go down that road.  

There’s less alcohol in a double mixed drink than in a pint of most high test beers. JFDan was probably a riot in his hard partying days. I bet he had a mullet and played air guitar..

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There’s less alcohol in a double mixed drink than in a pint of most high test beers. JFDan was probably a riot in his hard partying days. I bet he had a mullet and played air guitar..

i was definitely better at drinking a few years ago vs. now.  the headache thing started within the past few years.  maybe 195 lb me absorbed alcohol better than i do now, dunno.  

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

i was definitely better at drinking a few years ago vs. now.  the headache thing started within the past few years.  maybe 195 lb me absorbed alcohol better than i do now, dunno.  

If I drink three beers after skiing then go home and take a two hour nap...I will often wake up with a hangover.  Now if I drink two beers after night skiing and go home and go to bed I sleep like a baby.  Maybe naps are the problem but I like them. 

The older I get the more the general state of my body seems to effect my hangover. 

Beers after skiing or a bike ride in the morning I can get a headache for sure. I'm fucking parched as shit in the morning, same thing after a long ride so it makes sense but younger me it didnt matter at all if I was properly hydrated or had eaten anything.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

The older I get the more the general state of my body seems to effect my hangover. 

Beers after skiing or a bike ride in the morning I can get a headache for sure. I'm fucking parched as shit in the morning, same thing after a long ride so it makes sense but younger me it didnt matter at all if I was properly hydrated or had eaten anything.

I've noticed over the ages a direct correlation of the amount of alcohol and my hydration level.
If I drink a lot, I also better drink a lot of water before going to bed to help re-hydrate and rinse the toxins.
Also some types of alcohol (wine, vodka, sweet foo-foo drinks) are far greater hangover producers and I stay well away from them.

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

I've noticed over the ages a direct correlation of the amount of alcohol and my hydration level.
If I drink a lot, I also better drink a lot of water before going to bed to help re-hydrate and rinse the toxins.
Also some types of alcohol (wine, vodka, sweet foo-foo drinks) are far greater hangover producers and I stay well away from them.

I have more then 3 beers and I feel like shit in the morning.  Bottle of wine?  I feel refreshed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

I have more then 3 beers and I feel like shit in the morning.  Bottle of wine?  I feel refreshed.

Start bringing wine to blue..nobody will judge you...id being jack daniels if there was a train home. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

30 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

If I have more than 3 drinks in the evening, it really messes up my sleep. I’ll fall asleep for like 4 hours, then wake up and can’t get back to sleep. So annoying. 

That’s me if I take a nap after work.  Being up at 4am kind of sucks because I can’t even text people and Facebook is dead.  

29 minutes ago, Shadows said:

I went to a restaraunt that ended up being super hipster. Full of people my age. 

It was the worst.

I thought you were a bit of a hipster.  For hipsters everyday is Halloween...the Allentown hipsters are the best, they’re like Brooklyn hipsters with less money. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich