the pics from today thread

Justin

10 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Dunkin or anything in brewed at home with a solid creamer FTW. Right now I'm all about the International Delight amaretto or Cinnabun, although strawberry cheesecake holds the title for me at the moment.

In my search for a local Dunkin where I'm working, found a self serve with Dunkin coffee. Same cups and flavor. Didn't know there is such a thing. It's rad. This thread has 170 pages; @GrilledSteezeSandwich this is great!

Edited by saltyant

3 hours ago, indiggio said:

Buy whole beans, good grinder, brew your own.  Best flavor by far.
Brown-tinged, flavorless water is all landfill-filling K-cups are good for.

i dont grind beans, but i do brew coffee at home.  Kcups at work, which i find to be ok, but i would never do kcups at home....i think it equates to like a pound of coffee ends up costing like $40.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i dont grind beans, but i do brew coffee at home.  Kcups at work, which i find to be ok, but i would never do kcups at home....i think it equates to like a pound of coffee ends up costing like $40.  

Working out of the house, I just brew a carafe first thing, then have it over the course of the morning.

I like cinnamon which I add to the coffee grounds, so that during the steeping process the beneficial compounds get released into the coffee.
I also add a pinch of salt to knock off some of the bitterness of the dark roast.

K-cups are ridiculously expensive, unless someone else is supplying them for you.
I just hate the waste in the form of the plastic because you just know the majority of them are not being recycled.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i miss managing the coffee shop.  it was great having a job where it was guaranteed you only worked 8 hours per day, and once that 8 hours was done, you never heard from the job til you showed up the next day for your shift.  easy job with little stress as well.  

That’s pretty much my job except I rarely work 8 hours more like 7...customers and funeral directors try so hard to get my cell phone number.  The few that I’ve given it out to abuse that privilege and have no boundaries.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s pretty much my job except I rarely work 8 hours more like 7...customers and funeral directors try so hard to get my cell phone number.  The few that I’ve given it out to abuse that privilege and have no boundaries.  

i rarely give out my cell number, learned that the hard way years ago lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You should give me your number so we can text like Toast said. My number is 867-5309.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Working out of the house, I just brew a carafe first thing, then have it over the course of the morning.

I like cinnamon which I add to the coffee grounds, so that during the steeping process the beneficial compounds get released into the coffee.
I also add a pinch of salt to knock off some of the bitterness of the dark roast.

K-cups are ridiculously expensive, unless someone else is supplying them for you.
I just hate the waste in the form of the plastic because you just know the majority of them are not being recycled.

I will easily kill a full pot of coffee at home.  

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

i miss managing the coffee shop.  it was great having a job where it was guaranteed you only worked 8 hours per day, and once that 8 hours was done, you never heard from the job til you showed up the next day for your shift.  easy job with little stress as well.  

This is what my next job will be like.  go for 8-10 hrs, work, go home and forget about the job.  I think something like stocking shelves at the Giant.  The after work phone calls, emails and texts are getting less and less glamorous every day.  I work with too many people that think nothing about picking up the phone to call me on a Saturday that i have off.  I try really hard not to do that to other people.  every once and a while you just need to check out from work for a while.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I will easily kill a full pot of coffee at home.  

This is what my next job will be like.  go for 8-10 hrs, work, go home and forget about the job.  I think something like stocking shelves at the Giant.  The after work phone calls, emails and texts are getting less and less glamorous every day.  I work with too many people that think nothing about picking up the phone to call me on a Saturday that i have off.  I try really hard not to do that to other people.  every once and a while you just need to check out from work for a while.  

I pretty much do kill it, except for what the wife can wrangle away from me.

That's my next job too.  Working from home, others think I'm always available.

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just called that and I got this girl named Jenny who wanted to have a good time. 

My wife just blocked your number!