the pics from today thread

Justin

i miss managing the coffee shop.  it was great having a job where it was guaranteed you only worked 8 hours per day, and once that 8 hours was done, you never heard from the job til you showed up the next day for your shift.  easy job with little stress as well.  

Managing a coffee shop sounds like a great gig. Drink coffee and eat baked goods like croissants and cake pops, Low stress, people are chill and every day would remind me of a Christmas movie on fa la la la lifetime.

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

Managing a coffee shop sounds like a great gig. Drink coffee and eat baked good likes croissants and cake pops, Low stress, people are chill and every day would remind me of a Christmas movie on fa la la la lifetime.

I like the one about the big time city girl who moved back to the small town to take care of her sick father and run the store.  She kept running into a local carpenter who happened to own the coffee shop in town. She loved the coffee shop and when her father got better her big city sass helped revitalize the coffee shop while his small town charm allowed her to be more town to earth and appreciate more than just clawing your way up through corporate America.  Two out of three steezys. 

• Like 1

I like the one about the big time city girl who moved back to the small town to take care of her sick father and run the store.  She kept running into a local carpenter who happened to own the coffee shop in town. She loved the coffee shop and when her father got better her big city sass helped revitalize the coffee shop while his small town charm allowed her to be more town to earth and appreciate more than just clawing your way up through corporate America.  Two out of three steezys. 

A classic! I want to say that's Coming home for Christmas but I'm not 100%.

Two more that are a must watch every year are "Snowglobe"...the story of a big city girl who gets transported into a Christmas village (inside of a Snowglobe of course) and falls in love with one of the village residents and "A Christmas Kiss"...a story about an interior designer that kisses some random dude in an elevator (who ends up being her bosses boyfriend) under the mistletoe.

12 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

A classic! I want to say that's Coming home for Christmas but I'm not 100%.

Two more that are a must watch every year are "Snowglobe"...the story of a big city girl who gets transported into a Christmas village (inside of a Snowglobe of course) and falls in love with one of the village residents and "A Christmas Kiss"...a story about an interior designer that kisses some random dude in an elevator (who ends up being her bosses boyfriend) under the mistletoe.

Oh I don’t know I just made it up...that’s the way all those Hallmark movies are but I’ve never actually seen one. Just seen commercials or SNL spoofs. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I will easily kill a full pot of coffee at home.  

This is what my next job will be like.  go for 8-10 hrs, work, go home and forget about the job.  I think something like stocking shelves at the Giant.  The after work phone calls, emails and texts are getting less and less glamorous every day.  I work with too many people that think nothing about picking up the phone to call me on a Saturday that i have off.  I try really hard not to do that to other people.  every once and a while you just need to check out from work for a while.  

i think you are the person who put the dream in my head of finding a shelf stocking job for $25/hour lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Managing a coffee shop sounds like a great gig. Drink coffee and eat baked goods like croissants and cake pops, Low stress, people are chill and every day would remind me of a Christmas movie on fa la la la lifetime.

it was and wasnt great.  it was great because it was an easy job with little stress and unlimited expresso shots.  it wasnt great because you dealt with white whine and first world problems of people who make 7 figures annually, but would argue over a 25 cent discrepancy in the bill.  also, people with therapy dogs are fucking scum, had to deal with those assholes daily.  A THERAPY DOG IS NOT A SERVICE DOG AND IS NOT ALLOWED IN ESTABLISHMENTS THAT SERVE FOOD.  watching women covered in diamonds claim the poodle they are pushing around in a stroller is just as important as a blind man's seeing eye dog is fucking offensive.

"I ordered a cappucino this morning but got a latte instead.  I was soooo fucking pisseed!!!!!"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Shadows said:

I dont get these warehouse jobs around here. Pay rates are random numbers. 14.73. 16.46. What's that about.

It's a combination of being competitive in the market and trying to maintain overall costs. A penny an hour per person in the building adds up fast when these places are running 24/7 and also offering bonuses, overtime, holiday pay and the like. 

The rates that they set are high enough that they can attract employees from other warehouse jobs, but also keeps labor costs in check. Just doing some quick back of the envelope math, the difference between 14.73 per hour and the simpler 14.75 per hour is about $37,000 per year to a big warehousing operation and that doesn't take into account the high amounts of overtime typically paid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Got one more day there on Saturday. I can't find old forge on google. What is it

it's a town. There are a dozen pizza places within a mile of each other. I'll recommend Arcaro and Genell though you really can't go wrong with any of the places.

Note, that is one place, not two. https://arcaroandgenell.com/

• Thanks 1