the pics from today thread

Justin

i keep forgetting how much worse the blue route has gotten since i was in high school.  it was always bad since it opened, but the past 5 or so years have gotten incredibly bad.  took an hour to get from conshohocken to I-95, might as well have just taken the SchoolKill.  makes going to sporting events on weeknights borderline impossible

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i keep forgetting how much worse the blue route has gotten since i was in high school.  it was always bad since it opened, but the past 5 or so years have gotten incredibly bad.  took an hour to get from conshohocken to I-95, might as well have just taken the SchoolKill.  makes going to sporting events on weeknights borderline impossible

Is there a train you can take?

The train doesn’t go right to the stadiums. From out here (chester county) you’d have to get on at exton or drive to Wilmington/Newark and take it to center city, then get the subway. Depending on the day that can almost take longer than driving and dealing with the traffic. 

and as mentioned above, sometimes you can’t get a train/subway return trip At certain times 

my only big problem traffic area last night was 476, I-95 and the stadium area were surprisingly not bad.  pratt bridge was backed up, but no biggie (i never take the I-95 bridge)

@Benm ive posted on here in the past about a special "congestion and emissions tax" for people who live in haverford or whatever town fucked up the blueroute so bad

@GrilledSteezeSandwich train works good except for late night games, as regional rail in center city is over by that time

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

my only big problem traffic area last night was 476, I-95 and the stadium area were surprisingly not bad.  pratt bridge was backed up, but no biggie (i never take the I-95 bridge)

@Benm ive posted on here in the past about a special "congestion and emissions tax" for people who live in haverford or whatever town fucked up the blueroute so bad

@GrilledSteezeSandwich train works good except for late night games, as regional rail in center city is over by that time

My friend is going to Dallas right before New Years to see them play the Redskins..the only thing I know about Dallas is there are a lot of Dallas fans in eastern PA and they call Dallas the big D...I also know a stripper named Nubia who’s from Dallas...

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Never had any issues with outbound stadium traffic. Tho i never needed to take 476 because i was so close. Bridges however were bad sometimes going in (Platt especially).  

see: swarthmore, marple, radnor. i say just let it stay congested. from my understanding, the reason they were bitching in the first place was that 6 lanes would cause too much pollution, noise etc. Dug their own hole. Not that it matters tho... PHL creep is gonna hit those towns in the next 10 years anyway and all the people who opposed it will be dead or have long moved.

agreed, trains are great except night games unless you live in center city (stadium subway runs to regional rail but RR outbound stops around 11pm). Lots of SEPTA ads promote taking the trains to games. When parking is $40/car, it's a great option... 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My friend is going to Dallas right before New Years to see them play the Redskins..the only thing I know about Dallas is there are a lot of Dallas fans in eastern PA and they call Dallas the big D...I also know a stripper named Nubia who’s from Dallas...

best news i've heard all day. thanks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Benm said:

Never had any issues with outbound stadium traffic. Tho i never needed to take 476 because i was so close. Bridges however were bad sometimes going in (Platt especially).  

see: swarthmore, marple, radnor. i say just let it stay congested. from my understanding, the reason they were bitching in the first place was that 6 lanes would cause too much pollution, noise etc. Dug their own hole. Not that it matters tho... PHL creep is gonna hit those towns in the next 10 years anyway and all the people who opposed it will be dead or have long moved.

agreed, trains are great except night games unless you live in center city (stadium subway runs to regional rail but RR outbound stops around 11pm). Lots of SEPTA ads promote taking the trains to games. When parking is $40/car, it's a great option... 

you're right about them dying off...here is an obit from 2003 about one of the scumbags who helped cause the congestion we see today: http://cavanaghfuneralhome.tributes.com/obituary/show/Robert-L.-Anthony-3281909

you're also right about them moving away.  Leonard Mammucari (who lives at 523 W. Pleasant Grove Road, West Chester, PA 19382) has been bitching about traffic in West Chester for the past 15 years: http://www.westtownpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2017-09-05-BOS-Agenda-and-Materials.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Was just about to say he’s fancy.  I was once in a VIP box at an iron pigs game was badass.  They even had corona in cans 

I almost bought whatever level that is with the bar. I'd still like to get season tickets just cause