the pics from today thread

Justin

I love Telluride.  The views are spectacular, the skiing is awesome, and getting turnt up at the Gonorrhea Ranch soaking up the sun is fun.  Friends of ours have a ski-in/out house in Mountain Village that I can use whenever.  I do promise that I will arrange a PASR trip at some point...I know @mbike-ski is interested.  If only they were on the IKON pass.

• Like 4

I have only skied here once. Doing a 3 day women’s clinic this time. The drive is such a bitch that I am sticking around the area until the 20th. If you put together a PASR trip I would definitely come.  I only got the base Epic Pass as I didn’t think I would use Telluride. Regretting that now, probably would have paid for the upgrade just in these 3 days. 

Edited by Barb

2 minutes ago, Barb said:

I have only skied here once. Doing a 3 day women’s clinic this time. The drive is such a bitch that I am sticking around the area until the 20th. If you put together a PASR trip I would definitely come.  I only got the base Epic Pass as I didn’t think I would use Telluride. Regretting that now, probably would have paid for the upgrade just in these 3 days. 

My first time there we drove from Denver.  Not fun.  The drive from Montrose is easy (and pretty).

17 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

I love Telluride.  The views are spectacular, the skiing is awesome, and getting turnt up at the Gonorrhea Ranch soaking up the sun is fun.  Friends of ours have a ski-in/out house in Mountain Village that I can use whenever.  I do promise that I will arrange a PASR trip at some point...I know @mbike-ski is interested.  If only they were on the IKON pass.

@toast21602 is interested as well

48 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

I’m in

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Barb said:

Barb you know I almost moved to Durango a year before I went to Bozeman. I visited it first and then worked at Merrill lynch a year and decided on Bozeman.  Almost as many University if Vermont graduates as Boulder and Jackson hole. 

Ouray to Silverton is definitely beautiful. First time I did that drive was on the back of the motorcycle and was blown away.

And Doug I have only been to Durango once and was not impressed. But it was at the end of a week long motorcycle trip and I was kinda cranky. After 6 days of cool summer mountain temps we rolled into Durango and it was 90 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

YES! TFTI!

Wow they don’t mess around at these women’s clinics. Skied bell to bell with a short break for lunch. I was able to take my phone out once super quick for a few pics. It they really keep you moving.

3 different instructors said they didn’t like the way my boots fit and after the lesson had me go to the boot doctor near the mountain. The guy was flabbergasted that I had a full size too small. Told him that’s what the boot guy in Boulder does. He is keeping the boots overnight and gonna try and stretch the plastic. We shall see tomorrow. But my feet were absolutely killing me after skiing all day. So if his adjustment doesn’t work I may have to bite the bullet and just buy a new pair. Which sucks cause I just got these last season. But the instructors said the boots were affecting my form so guess maybe I have to.

0b7fa737b508da92a02fe8cde48c0d31.jpg

c0c8e8027f0c297279c9691893b1b83d.jpg5371df8965c0b76f60017a0c3287915d.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Barb said:

Wow they don’t mess around at these women’s clinics. Skied bell to bell with a short break for lunch. I was able to take my phone out once super quick for a few pics. It they really keep you moving.

3 different instructors said they didn’t like the way my boots fit and after the lesson had me go to the boot doctor near the mountain. The guy was flabbergasted that I had a full size too small. Told him that’s what the boot guy in Boulder does. He is keeping the boots overnight and gonna try and stretch the plastic. We shall see tomorrow. But my feet were absolutely killing me after skiing all day. So if his adjustment doesn’t work I may have to bite the bullet and just buy a new pair. Which sucks cause I just got these last season. But the instructors said the boots were affecting my form so guess maybe I have to.

0b7fa737b508da92a02fe8cde48c0d31.jpg

c0c8e8027f0c297279c9691893b1b83d.jpg5371df8965c0b76f60017a0c3287915d.jpg

Sounds like a serious clinic. One where you can really learn something. Every clinic I’ve taken around here spend way too much time stopping mid mountain and chatting, and I feel I’m never in the right ability level. 

• Like 1

Ouray to Silverton is definitely beautiful. First time I did that drive was on the back of the motorcycle and was blown away.

Some scary stories about the people who snow plow that road. We were at Ouray last year doing some keeping on the old mining roads.

Barb you know I almost moved to Durango a year before I went to Bozeman. I visited it first and then worked at Merrill lynch a year and decided on Bozeman.  Almost as many University if Vermont graduates as Boulder and Jackson hole. 

When I was working in Butte, we would fly out of Bozeman every Thursday night and go downtown for the street fair during the summer. Restaurants would be packed.

For Jeff

c2ddc105fc84284cf5e5db25a4c83b95.jpg

Not nice enough to sit outside, was cold and windy all day. Good  snow conditions, about 3” overnight.

Ended up getting new boots at lunch so I missed about an hour of the day but the feel sooooooo much better.
2a89a74ed1f891d73ecd06f1966f3351.jpg

Supposed to be another 3-6 tonight into tomorrow.

6dc0648edf0a188e295830cca590c765.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Barb
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

1dc9e867d10d99ac227179eae6a34891.jpg

0177bacc377497c1b48c1c5ea19e5150.jpg

16ec026cb08f12eab26133afd337b295.jpg

Short hike before we left Crested Butte this morning. As soon as I stepped off the packed down trail to take a picture I sank. Weather supposed to be pretty bad tomorrow. Lots of wind with the snow so not sure what our day looking like. Ice climbing Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4