the pics from today thread

Justin

10 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Texted the asphalt guy. He's asked for pics. So I sent... Says it'll go away in a few days. Doug I may take you up on your cones.

I don't know anything about asphalt but maybe upcoming 85+ temps might help. 

Edit: I'd still send a msg to amzn. They toss out money for nothing. Tell them you want a year of prime. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Texted the asphalt guy. He's asked for pics. So I sent... Says it'll go away in a few days. Doug I may take you up on your cones.

Most tire marks will go away, but it may take more than a few days. If the driver pulled in stopped, and turned his wheels pretty good, that might not go away so much. 
and you dont want to seal it for about 3 months. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

I don't know anything about asphalt but maybe upcoming 85+ temps might help. 

Edit: I'd still send a msg to amzn. They toss out money for nothing. Tell them you want a year of prime. 

Just the opposite. Cooler temps would be better. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Just the opposite. Cooler temps would be better. 

Right, but I was wondering if it being softer because of the temps that it would help it to 'settle'. If it was 85 and that guy came in it'd be much softer and worse. 

9 minutes ago, Benm said:

Right, but I was wondering if it being softer because of the temps that it would help it to 'settle'. If it was 85 and that guy came in it'd be much softer and worse. 

Well, i guess if Dom were to drag out his plate tamper. Tires going across it is what makes it go away (or really just get less noticable). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You can’t hate on Amazon they’ve been a godsend to many during this pandemic and fedEx, UPS, Karl Malone, Milkman, paperboy evening TV.  I ordered new sneakers off the Internet..arriving on Thursday   

Yea But.... They must be using an Amish horse and buggy delivery contractor. My microwave died on May 13 and the new one is supposed to arrive on Tuesday.... We'll see..

12 minutes ago, rummy said:

Yea But.... They must be using an Amish horse and buggy delivery contractor. My microwave died on May 13 and the new one is supposed to arrive on Tuesday.... We'll see..

We have 2 last mile warehouses within 15 miles. And the third is within 80 miles. We're ok lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I probably need to do this now since the freaking Amazon delivery truck decided to pull up into our new driveway (when no one was home) and do a mother f'ing k turn leaving fresh tracks. Ugh!!!! I should've left the damn tape up.

Typically they and UPS don't even bother to pull into ours, probably too long and they have to back out, so it's not worth their effort.

I also have to remind the wife from stopping and turning the wheel when we get ours done to prevent the tires from chewing up the surface.
Most women just don't get it.

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Typically they and UPS don't even bother to pull into ours, probably too long and they have to back out, so it's not worth their effort.

I also have to remind the wife from stopping and turning the wheel when we get ours done to prevent the tires from chewing up the surface.
Most women just don't get it.

Turning wheel when car isn’t moving??

28 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Blue looks tiny in that picture. I mean I know it's tiny all things considered but it looks extra tiny there. Weird cause it looked like a cool shot from the car.

Just the angle. It actually goes pretty far back and gets more elevation in the bowls.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Blue looks tiny in that picture. I mean I know it's tiny all things considered but it looks extra tiny there. Weird cause it looked like a cool shot from the car.

The camera always seems to make things look flatter too.  I've taken pictures from spots where I'm puckered like crazy and it looks like a tubing hill when I check it out later.  

• Like 1