the pics from today thread

Justin

“Taught” the dog to swim today. I had her in the pool before, but she never voluntarily went in by herself. Coaxed her in today with a toy and it took about 3 times before she realized she could get in and out via the stairs as she pleased. 

EBCCD538-0034-4095-92F6-E7E0355D9AE7.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

“Taught” the dog to swim today. I had her in the pool before, but she never voluntarily went in by herself. Coaxed her in today with a toy and it took about 3 times before she realized she could get in and out via the stairs as she pleased. 

EBCCD538-0034-4095-92F6-E7E0355D9AE7.jpeg

Is that your boyfriend in the pool?

• Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Kyle said:

No, it’s my half deaf cancer survivor father. 

Oh that’s good PASR isn’t ready for gay incest.   I know somebody who is like 95% deaf and this pandemic is tough for him because he can read lips with everybody wearing masks.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh that’s good PASR isn’t ready for gay incest.   I know somebody who is like 95% deaf and this pandemic is tough for him because he can read lips with everybody wearing masks.  

Yeah that’s actually a huge problem right now. My dad wears hearing aids that work via the microphone in his iPhone (crazy right?) but there’s times when he doesn’t have them in and is out around people in masks and he’s told me how much harder it is to understand people because he can’t read their lips, just faintly hear what they say. In his words “I’ve never said excuse me, can you repeat that louder?” As much in my life, and he’s only deaf in one ear. I can’t imagine what it would be like for someone whose worse off hearing wise. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yeah that’s actually a huge problem right now. My dad wears hearing aids that work via the microphone in his iPhone (crazy right?) but there’s times when he doesn’t have them in and is out around people in masks and he’s told me how much harder it is to understand people because he can’t read their lips, just faintly hear what they say. In his words “I’ve never said excuse me, can you repeat that louder?” As much in my life, and he’s only deaf in one ear. I can’t imagine what it would be like for someone whose worse off hearing wise. 

I feel for him...and anybody dealing with any medical issues. The guy I know who is mostly deaf lost his hearing as a kid when he contracted Mumps. He used to be an electrician and is now on social security and works part time as a home health aid for the lady he lives with.  

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I feel for him...and anybody dealing with any medical issues. The guy I know who is mostly deaf lost his hearing as a kid when he contracted Mumps. He used to be an electrician and is now on social security and works part time as a home health aid for the lady he lives with.  

I took your original comment as a joke btw so no hard feelings there. 

My dad lost his hearing from years of not wearing ear protection while riding motorcycles with no mufflers, nascar races, drag racing, etc so in a way it was his own doing. 

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I took your original comment as a joke btw so no hard feelings there. 

My dad lost his hearing from years of not wearing ear protection while riding motorcycles with no mufflers, nascar races, drag racing, etc so in a way it was his own doing. 

Trust me I don’t expect any hard feelings over this stuff.  At first I thought he was your cop roommate. I give you props for skiing almost as fast as me oh crap skis and 100 pounds plus lighter. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1

I know most of you aren’t big nascar fans, but this is cool to see. NASCAR also banned the flying of confederate flags on all properties hosting nascar races, which is HUGE. The sport with arguably the least diverse fan base making big changes. 

edit: paint scheme is being run on the car tonight at Martinsville 

D714D064-7A1C-4004-A992-4FCC6AE128B0.jpeg

6E28F375-45BB-49EB-A84F-E37A5D52D7BF.jpeg

49F3713D-4CF9-4C97-AB30-A5243F45AFA8.jpeg

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I know most of you aren’t big nascar fans, but this is cool to see. NASCAR also banned the flying of confederate flags on all properties hosting nascar races, which is HUGE. The sport with arguably the least diverse fan base making big changes. 

I saw that. Pretty cool. I've been following NASCAR a lot this year because it is the only thing that is on. Go Bubba, I guess? 

45 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I also saw they are ending the TV shows Cops and LivePD. 

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I also saw they are ending the TV shows Cops and LivePD. 

I saw that, but never looked into it. I enjoyed watching livePD. Gave a good insight into everything crazy that happens in the world on a daily basis. 

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I saw that, but never looked into it. I enjoyed watching livePD. Gave a good insight into everything crazy that happens in the world on a daily basis. 

I admit Live PD was our guilty pleasure to watch.  I especially liked the episodes with "Dirty Rhonda"  she seemed to always be in trouble. 

• Haha 1