the pics from today thread

Justin

Somewhat off topic here, but I just googled Bubba Wallace, who is not the alter ego of a left handed pink driver wielding golfer, and the first page of Google had his race results for the past few times he's been out on the track. These included:

Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 500

Folds of Honor Quiktrip 500

Food City 500

Alsco Uniforms 500

Coca-Cola 600

Now all I can wonder is how much the naming rights cost for a Nascar race. With the exception of Coca-Cola, which probably sneezed and the money for this sponsorship fell out, I can't imagine these smaller and seemingly obscure companies have huge sums of cash to just toss out there. Is it relatively cheap to sponsor a race? If so, will there be a Blue Mountain 400? Perhaps a PASR  500?

Let the fundraising begin if that's the case

44 minutes ago, Schif said:

Somewhat off topic here, but I just googled Bubba Wallace, who is not the alter ego of a left handed pink driver wielding golfer, and the first page of Google had his race results for the past few times he's been out on the track. These included:

Food City 500

Alsco Uniforms 500

Coca-Cola 600

Now all I can wonder is how much the naming rights cost for a Nascar race. With the exception of Coca-Cola, which probably sneezed and the money for this sponsorship fell out, I can't imagine these smaller and seemingly obscure companies have huge sums of cash to just toss out there. Is it relatively cheap to sponsor a race? If so, will there be a Blue Mountain 400? Perhaps a PASR  500?

When NY sponsored a race at Watkins glen called the “I Love New York 355” it cost close to half a mil. 

Edit: race entitlement can cost up to 2 million depending on the track size and asset mix. 

Edited by Kyle

41 minutes ago, Schif said:

😉 I used a site called google.com and found this answer. Sounds like it's around $100k-$15m 

https://partners.lfr95.com/anatomy-of-a-nascar-sponsorship/nascar-sponsorship

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Schif said:

Food City 500

Alsco Uniforms 500

Coca-Cola 600

i would definitely imagine that sponsoring a race is above what we might be able to set up through go fund me.  You would think it might be a little cheaper right now due to the whole no fans thing, but these sponsorships were set up long ago.  

i have never heard of Blu-emu, but i do know they sponsor a car, but it might not be a full sponsorship.  those are crazy expensive, so it appears as though they have some loose cash to toss around, or sponsoring a race/car is really good advertising.  

You are right that there are alot of obscure companies sponsoring races, and then there is also Toyota which sponsors a few races.  I do think at one point, Pocono Tourism or something sponsored Pocono, and you know there cant be a huge budget there for that stuff.

13 minutes ago, Kyle said:

When NY sponsored a race at Watkins glen called the “I Love New York 355” it cost close to half a mil. 

a half a mil for a sponsored race?

Why not just buy Jay Peak instead, https://www.quora.com/How-much-would-it-cost-to-buy-a-ski-resort#:~:text=On a rough basis%2C that,and some for much less.

5 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

i have never heard of Blu-emu, but i do know they sponsor a car, but it might not be a full sponsorship.  those are crazy expensive, so it appears as though they have some loose cash to toss around, or sponsoring a race/car is really good advertising.  

I swear by blue emu. Does the same thing as icy hot with no scent to it. 

I've tried many time to follow NASCAR.....I just can't..

F1 has fallen by the wayside too...

Love endurance sports car racing...TT motorcycles..and WRC..

Really miss the Group B days but modern WRC is pretty nuts..  True masters of car control in all conditions...

• Like 4

On 6/10/2020 at 7:14 PM, Kyle said:

I know most of you aren’t big nascar fans, but this is cool to see. NASCAR also banned the flying of confederate flags on all properties hosting nascar races, which is HUGE. The sport with arguably the least diverse fan base making big changes. 

edit: paint scheme is being run on the car tonight at Martinsville 

D714D064-7A1C-4004-A992-4FCC6AE128B0.jpeg

6E28F375-45BB-49EB-A84F-E37A5D52D7BF.jpeg

49F3713D-4CF9-4C97-AB30-A5243F45AFA8.jpeg

Guess if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em!

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/7/ace-speedway-declares-race-protest-skirt-coronavir/

34 minutes ago, indiggio said:

They were shut down today per this article in the observer. I think the issue with it is that they’re charging admission, selling food, etc  it would thus disqualify it as being a “protest”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.newsobserver.com/news/local/article243440916.html

9 hours ago, Kyle said:

They were shut down today per this article in the observer. I think the issue with it is that they’re charging admission, selling food, etc  it would thus disqualify it as being a “protest”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.newsobserver.com/news/local/article243440916.html

NASCAR should have just accepted "donations".