the pics from today thread

Justin

Not terrible for summertime in AZ. All trails were closed in Lost Duchman today with the exception of the MTB trail due to wildfire smoke...so we did that. Only downside was you couldn't get into the mountains (which I did before and is amazing). Nevertheless got plenty of good views. Hit up Goldfield ghost town afterward for a tour of the gold mine and a ride on the zip line. Fun day.
c1f3fc6879ff9dc92ba7c6f39118e1fc.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PSUFly said:

I thought Virginia beach at first but I think that was an asphalt boardwalk thing not concrete 

Yeah the resort area has a concrete “boardwalk”. Where I’m staying is way more residential and rental homes with two big condominium complexes on either end of the “island”. Their slogan is “the outer banks without the drive”. 

The solar farm off the coast is visible on a clear day with a good set of binoculars. Pretty cool to look out and see massive windmills 20-30 miles offshore. 

also, the free air show every day from NAS Oceana is a plus. 

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

Yeah the resort area has a concrete “boardwalk”. Where I’m staying is way more residential and rental homes with two big condominium complexes on either end of the “island”. Their slogan is “the outer banks without the drive”. 

The solar farm off the coast is visible on a clear day with a good set of binoculars. Pretty cool to look out and see massive windmills 20-30 miles offshore. 

also, the free air show every day from NAS Oceana is a plus. 

The elk mountain of beaches Haha.  Surf looks pretty calm.  Some bigger swells in south Jersey yesterday 

1 hour ago, PSUFly said:

The elk mountain of beaches Haha.  Surf looks pretty calm.  Some bigger swells in south Jersey yesterday 

The surf hasn’t been too big, but it has been real choppy and churned up by the wind. There’s been a few guys getting after it each morning though. 

lots of guys surf fishing but haven’t seen anyone haul anything in yet. 

On 9/12/2020 at 8:52 AM, Schif said:

That's awesome how the stadium is built into the mountain. Really beautiful. 

Dodger Stadium is similar.  One of the highest upper decks in the league looking over the field, but look behind you and the parking lot is only like a story or so below you.  I know you like baseball, so if fans are ever allowed again, I highly recommend dodger stadium 

• Like 1