the pics from today thread

Justin

57 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

Found poles too, afternoon works. Not sure if there’s a set track any where, I wonder if Lehigh parkway would be good?
There used to be a Lehigh Valley xc fb group but I can’t find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm good for the afternoon. Hopefully that works for @Mixilplix? I'm good for anywhere. Golf course, park, etc. 

24 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

She keeps asking to come to Blue with me...not  sure if it's better to get her out on skis or a snowboard first.  

Tough call.  Obviously she'll be influenced by you boarding, but ya never know.
Best to offer both. It'll be her final decision which she enjoys most, as it's all about having fun and not forcing one or the other.

My son started on skis, tried boarding, went back to skis.

Nurture that desire to go out!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PSUFly said:

She keeps asking to come to Blue with me...not  sure if it's better to get her out on skis or a snowboard first.  

40 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Tough call.  Obviously she'll be influenced by you boarding, but ya never know.
Best to offer both. It'll be her final decision which she enjoys most, as it's all about having fun and not forcing one or the other.

My son started on skis, tried boarding, went back to skis.

Nurture that desire to go out!

Agreed. She’s going to eventually figure out which she prefers. But I don’t see any reason why she can’t start out on a board.  

Besides... snowboardings cooler anyway:nana:nana:nana

• Like 1

She said she NEEDS to snowboard...probably because that's what I do and she thinks I'm the coolest person in the world (she'll figure out that's not true when she gets older)

I think it'd be easier for her to learn on skis first, but we'll see.  I'd like to get her to Blue at some point and play around on skis/board, whatever she decides.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PSUFly said:

She said she NEEDS to snowboard...probably because that's what I do and she thinks I'm the coolest person in the world (she'll figure out that's not true when she gets older)

I think it'd be easier for her to learn on skis first, but we'll see.  I'd like to get her to Blue at some point and play around on skis/board, whatever she decides.  

Hahaha yea man, enjoy it while it lasts. 

• Like 1

ce27e96e8fba2a02c30e33c1c8fbee2e.jpg
8a0e231916f633ae1eed64715780128e.jpg
Drove right past Hunter today and ended up doing a fun little tour in the Catskills, ended up with about 4k of vert and found a truck that was the drive for a lift in the 60’s

Did you google earth new terrain or were you somewhat familiar with the area? Assume more good snow than f@ck/sh@t snow? Impressive day nonetheless

1 hour ago, PSUFly said:

I would do the snowboard first since she has no experience with either...From my teaching days I found it more difficult to teach skiers to snowboard than to teach someone who has never skied to snowboard....I snowboarded for a good 15 years before I got on skis...Skiing was pretty easy to learn...But ultimately her choice..

• Thanks 1

Did you google earth new terrain or were you somewhat familiar with the area? Assume more good snow than f@ck/sh@t snow? Impressive day nonetheless

0854e7615b5691f684c7b2cbe2a6d637.jpg
ee5682f3bf956abeac4893c2b562b9e4.jpg

Just did some research, gotta do the work to get the goods. Snow was awesome, much more good snow than shit snow. Hopefully we get some more bigger storms or a few back to back on that area. Lots of potential!

• Like 7