the pics from today thread

Justin

8 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Both you and Doug are people i would definitely recommend hotel life to.  Some people arent cut out for home ownership.   

I couldnt actually do hotel house because my liking for living in the woods and having privacy from people (strongly opposed to having neighbors too close) outweighs my dislike for doing chores and fixing shit. So one day I will buy a small house that requires minimal upkeep and either have to pay people to fix shit or look up YouTube tutorials.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

House and minimal upkeep do not work in the same sentence unless it’s “my house requires every but minimal Upkeep”

I live in a trailer and the upkeep is pretty minimal. I keep it in nice shape, it's modern, clean and isn't a stereotypical "trailer park trash" trailer by any means.

If we could stop getting low life neighbors who shoot each other, steal cars, deal drugs, have randos driving up and down the street all day long, blast their loud shitty music, drive by with obnoxiously loud motorcycles, and walk thru my yard constantly, I'd just stay here 

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I live in a trailer and the upkeep is pretty minimal. I keep it in nice shape, it's modern, clean and isn't a stereotypical "trailer park trash" trailer by any means.

If we could stop getting low life neighbors who shoot each other, steal cars, deal drugs, have randos driving up and down the street all day long, blast their loud shitty music, drive by with obnoxiously loud motorcycles, and walk thru my yard constantly, I'd just stay here 

Sounds like you should buy a plot of land and put a trailer on it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Sounds like you should buy a plot of land and put a trailer on it. 

I've thought about doing that a lot. Cant seem to find a plot of land I like but I look often. That still requires a foundation, and neighboring houses would probably complain about living by a trailer (lower their values). 

That's why I was thinking modular house for a while, since theyre more appealing than a trailer, but they're pretty expensive to have built. Still is a possibility

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That still requires a foundation

and well + septic.

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

neighboring houses would probably complain about living by a trailer

go big and get something large enough where they can't see you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2021 at 7:33 PM, JFskiDan said:

Low chance its the roof, but im still in CSI mode. 
and your friends need to find new roofing contractors. 

That sucks.

happy to lend you a dehumidifier if you need one (or multiple) for drying out the room. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’re still catching up on posts??  

There’s so many!! Also I have no idea what the date is 🤷🏼‍♀️ So February 10 could be yesterday or like a weekend ago 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, skiincy said:

There’s so many!! Also I have no idea what the date is 🤷🏼‍♀️ So February 10 could be yesterday or like a weekend ago 🤦🏼‍♀️

I hear you...I love when I have a busy work day or take a long nap and have a backlog of posts here. I always know the date because I write checks everyday at work. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just don’t see needing a whole house for just myself.  

And i couldnt see myself basically living in one room.  My house is actually pretty small, and there are 2 rooms i barely use, but still i like a change of scenery even inside my house.  to each his own.  

• Like 1