the pics from today thread

Justin

47 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Visited Pine Hill Vista today...at 2300 feet it's the highest point in the Poconos. You can see everything from Jackson Frost and Blue to the South to Elk Mountain to the north. Just a cool 360 view. Hard to do the view justice with a phone cam

IMG_20210410_154633_HDR~2.jpg

88776412_IMG_20210410_154611_HDR2.jpg

I love that place. Great for stargazing and I've camped there a few times 

• Like 2

How my dad started vs how it ended. 9 hour delay from Tampa due to the incoming flight being diverted to Miami and then subsequently getting stuck there. 12pm departure turned into a 9:20 departure after fueling 

256768BD-5029-453D-A1CD-8A298FA4DAE8.png

E85CDC41-2E46-40B2-AF0C-E8661DAC2595.png

Edited by Kyle

On 4/10/2021 at 7:40 PM, RidgeRacer said:

Visited Pine Hill Vista today...at 2300 feet it's the highest point in the Poconos. You can see everything from Jackson Frost and Blue to the South to Elk Mountain to the north. Just a cool 360 view. Hard to do the view justice with a phone cam

IMG_20210410_154633_HDR~2.jpg

88776412_IMG_20210410_154611_HDR2.jpg

Where is this? Don’t think I’ve ever been 

If you go to the pine hill vista there are a series of gates along the road. For the most part they are open and way back in the day you were able to drive all the way to the the top more often than not. The very last gate which has been closed the last few times I've been there has some large boulders along the side of it. I have a feeling that they were placed there due to the tracks I left and a (few broken small trees) by driving my jeep around the gate when I was in college. Went back about 3 weeks after that and the gate was locked again and the rocks were on the sides

12 hours ago, Schif said:

If you go to the pine hill vista there are a series of gates along the road. For the most part they are open and way back in the day you were able to drive all the way to the the top more often than not. The very last gate which has been closed the last few times I've been there has some large boulders along the side of it. I have a feeling that they were placed there due to the tracks I left and a (few broken small trees) by driving my jeep around the gate when I was in college. Went back about 3 weeks after that and the gate was locked again and the rocks were on the sides

Is it a SGL? They lock the gates when it isn’t hunting season. 

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Forgot to post this on Monday night since I got drunk from celebrating, but I finally finished my PhD at Widener University and hope to never take a class ever again. As difficult and time consuming as it was, I really enjoyed it and would 100% do it over again if I had to go back in time. Even though it is already official, the "official" ceremony won't be until May when I get to wear the fancy doctoral regalia.

Looking forward to celebrating with @AtomicSkier Sunday morning with a Truly enjoyable gravel ride if anybody is interested.

Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of my student discounts and now that I don't have my school commitment as an excuse, I'll have to find something else to use to get out of things that I don't want to do 😂

Also, this does not mean that you have to call me Dr. Toast. 

IMG_6271.thumb.jpg.a1d6f7d1fed1a8b759c6d220e287bd67.jpg

Congrats! That's a big accomplishment. Did you have to take your orals over Zoom?

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2021 at 9:30 AM, mbike-ski said:

Nice but is having no snow on the road this early really a good thing.... ?

It is when you get another 7" so far today and it's still snowing. It's be worth the extra time driving this weekend! There was 6" on the ground when I got back from Stowe around 4 today and another 1-2" fell since then.

aprilsnow.png

• Like 5

14 hours ago, trackbiker said:

Congrats! That's a big accomplishment. Did you have to take your orals over Zoom?

Yeah everything was done using Zoom unfortunately. Luckily they are having a small in-person commencement which will make it all seem a little more real. 

• Like 1

Concrete set nicely. I’ll hopefully finish up the wall and installing the pavers on top of the concrete next weekend. Wayyy overshot on the concrete calculations though, guess it’s better to have a few extra bags vs not having enough. 

44520C44-1480-4B77-99D6-F2EEFADF6ECC.jpeg

1D26EB83-F5AD-4568-B72E-A50E52458C6D.jpeg

75A0DB93-DC46-42B2-924E-05CD50380C9A.jpeg

• Like 5