the pics from today thread

Justin

15 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

@Kyle is that your new house? Looks like a great drinking porch. I'm interested in the grass, though. 

It’s not, it’s my parents house, should be a great drinking spot when it’s finished as it gets sun on it until close to 9pm in the summer time. 

I’ll post pictures of the new house renovation once I get started on it. Having a really difficult time getting a permit for a dumpster which is frustrating 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Walkway is just about finished up, just need to continue building the outer retaining wall and then add the garden area between the wall and walkway, the rain this week is going to delay that a bit however. 

E8452AC6-BCD3-4EAD-8346-D4771A2FF9EA.jpeg

are the pavers glued to the concrete?  Im glad you covered up that concrete.  You know how goofy @toast21602 is about grass?  I was having the same heart palpitations looking at that concrete being unfinished.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

are the pavers glued to the concrete?  Im glad you covered up that concrete.  You know how goofy @toast21602 is about grass?  I was having the same heart palpitations looking at that concrete being unfinished.  

Yeah they’re glued to the concrete. I skimped on the finishing of the concrete for that reason, didn’t want to make it look nice and pretty just to have pavers cover it up just simply leveled it and smoothed it out enough to not effect the seat of the paver/glue 

Yeah they’re glued to the concrete. I skimped on the finishing of the concrete for that reason, didn’t want to make it look nice and pretty just to have pavers cover it up just simply leveled it and smoothed it out enough to not effect the seat of the paver/glue 

They look great. Nice work. We just dropped dough on a paver patio project we got in the works. Jelly because if I had any skills at all we could've saved some $$.

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

They look great. Nice work. We just dropped dough on a paver patio project we got in the works. Jelly because if I had any skills at all we could've saved some $$.

Oh I believe it. The block alone was $3100. Couple that with cement, labor, etc and it’s likely a $10k+ job. My dad is super old school and is one of those “why pay when we can do it ourselves” even though the professionals quality would trump this ten fold. 

30 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I can pretty much fix/build anything around my house but there are some things I hire people to do ..... Roofing and drywall finishing come to mind...I don't install carpets either.....

I have done the roof on three sheds i have/had. They are easy, no valleys or transitions, but i 100% agree, the roof on my house should be left to someone with way more talent than myself. I can finish drywall, but it takes me a long while. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

I can pretty much fix/build anything around my house but there are some things I hire people to do ..... Roofing and drywall finishing come to mind...I don't install carpets either.....

I’m completely gutting my new house and I’m going to hang the drywall, but I’m paying someone to come in and finish it. I can not stand finishing drywall 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Annual bloom of flowers in the cemetery I run by almost daily. 

773689C7-0EAB-439C-AD00-F546609EB62E.jpeg

Those are some old memorial stones.  Most are white marble.  Marble is much softer than granite and weathers away a lot..although the purple flowers offset the decay well. 

Thanks Toast for reminding me of work.  Cemeteries are good places to walk/run...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I'm ramping up to install a new deck. Doing it in blue stone. I'm done with pressure treated or composite. Everything up here either rots or rusts within 10 years. Did some googling and found this cool system to install the stone. PVC heavy duty grates, roll a rubber mat over it and place the stone on top. Hardest part is leveling the joists so there's no stone wobble. Piers got delivered last week, lumber gets delivered next week. Ordered it early because I don't see lumber prices coming down in the near future. Most likely going even higher.

62224353559__2841D576-1AA7-4686-AFDE-E2EABA334A05.thumb.JPG.e8d8743a672b3091c98c37bdb3a87f25.JPGIMG_7392.thumb.jpeg.9673c1e4454898c65512b98c5cc6a86b.jpeg

62214843258__7E74386E-C503-43AD-8453-454C7F18FE82.JPG

2066427657_IMG_73902.jpeg

IMG_7977.jpeg

Edited by moe ghoul
spelling
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice BMW...Moe aren’t you glad you didn’t buy a restaurant. 

FAAAAAAAHK that. Spidey senses never lie. Timing in life is everything. Every restaurant and bar up here closed up permanently or temporarily, and the few that stayed open were sucking wind and still are. Everything is pretty much closed down now until May up here which is typical when Smuggs stops spinning the lifts. Got an interview at Spruce Peak Lodge for a bartending job on Thursday. If I like it and the cash is good I'll get a snowmobile for the winter and ride through the notch to work! Pretty stoked on that! Gonna try to work at both resorts for free skiing on both sides of the mountains!

• Like 3