the pics from today thread

Justin

31 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Kauai is the one (major) island I haven’t made it too. I need to get there. Several waterfall hikes I really wanted to get to there. Next trip will likely be mostly Kauai with a few night back on Maui since there’s more I want to do there. Maybe a night on the Big Island if the lava’s going

I'm sure you have already checked out some things to do and places to see, but when the time comes let me know. I have our whole schedule and places we ate at, things we did, etc. saved somewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I'm sure you have already checked out some things to do and places to see, but when the time comes let me know. I have our whole schedule and places we ate at, things we did, etc. saved somewhere. 

Awesome, will do. I planned almost all of our trips out of the “Revealed” guidebook series.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Kauai is the one (major) island I haven’t made it too. I need to get there. Several waterfall hikes I really wanted to get to there. Next trip will likely be mostly Kauai with a few night back on Maui since there’s more I want to do there. Maybe a night on the Big Island if the lava’s going

Maui is the island that I've not been to. Want to get back and see it, but the wife's being a stick in the mud.

6 hours ago, indiggio said:

Yeah and just doesn't like the entire process.

I feel that. I'm getting pretty annoyed with flying myself. Not that I'm afraid...its just the whole driving to the airport, paying to park, shuttle or long walk to terminal, waiting in tsa line, taking off your shoes and taking out your tablet, getting your junk scanned, waiting at the gate for an hour plus...longer if your flights delayed, sitting next to a jackass, waiting to get off the plane, rinse and repeat if you have a layover, waiting for your bags, renting a car or waiting for a shuttle. Shits exhausting.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Yes, flying is exhausting. But think how exhausted you’d be driving a long distance, unless you had a month off. 

I don’t even think flying is exhausting..aside from the parking, check in and security stuff you’re mostly just sitting. In 2002 I drove to Bozeman MT and drove back in 2004. After those drives I’m not driving any farther than maybe like New England or the middle part of the south or westward maybe Ohio.  Anywhere else flying. 

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t even think flying is exhausting..aside from the parking, check in and security stuff you’re mostly just sitting. In 2002 I drove to Bozeman MT and drove back in 2004. After those drives I’m not driving any farther than maybe like New England or the middle part of the south or westward maybe Ohio.  Anywhere else flying. 

Given how it used to be, it's horribly exhausting anymore.

Since the wife doesn't want to fly, we drove to the Keys and New Orleans.
If you break up the drive, it's not all that bad and you get to see a lot more of the country than if you fly, but you have to be willing to put in that time.

14 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Given how it used to be, it's horribly exhausting anymore.

Since the wife doesn't want to fly, we drove to the Keys and New Orleans.
If you break up the drive, it's not all that bad and you get to see a lot more of the country than if you fly, but you have to be willing to put in that time.

My office manager is driving to Florida tomorrow...the next 7 workdays will be a one many show aside from delivery driver...wooooo can’t wait for all three phone lines to ring at the same time and just me. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, indiggio said:

Given how it used to be, it's horribly exhausting anymore

I didn’t fly for many years, just couldn’t afford it when the kids were home. Started flying couple times a year in 2013. No flying at all since Nov 2019 due to pandemic, but will definitely fly to Atlanta for Thanksgiving and trip in the works to Montana in March. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

I didn’t fly for many years, just couldn’t afford it when the kids were home. Started flying couple times a year in 2013. No flying at all since Nov 2019 due to pandemic, but will definitely fly to Atlanta for Thanksgiving and trip in the works to Montana in March. 

TFTI!

The stretch from February of 2020 to April of 2021 was my longest stretch without flying since I was in high school.  Between junior year in college and the year after I graduated I flew the most.  I flew to LA for cousins Bar Mitzvah, London with my mom, Paris with an ex, Gunnison, Jackson Hole, Durango, Denver with my geology class and even a Burlington VT to Newark NJ flight for an interview.  Bananas.  

• Thanks 1