the pics from today thread

Justin

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

It means snowmaking and I’m excited. 

i just watched a couple vids, those poles definitely weren't there last season.

i can't remember if the banner about vista lodge was there either.

also, dabbin on slow sign. what about it.

sign.jpg

slopeside.jpg

IMG_20210612_1040151.jpg

IMG_20210612_1044124.jpg

IMG_20210612_1112017.jpg

IMG_20210612_1114313.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Benm said:

I mean it could mean nothing but new telephone poles and piping. 

Can't remember if the poles were there. Someone cross ref with Jeff's vid

IMG_20210612_1109000.jpg

IMG_20210612_1050348.jpg

It looks like pvc drainage pipe, but…….. what would they be doing with drainage pipe?  

lets remember this is Blue Mountain. 
could just be a green coating on steel pipe. Anyways, interesting. 

On 4/25/2021 at 9:04 PM, RidgeRacer said:

Super dooper looper was my younger daughters first upside down coaster. Sky rush is my favorite of all time, tied with expedition everest. How's candimonium?

Finally got on candymonium a few times this weekend.   Really good, but skyrush is still better in my opinion.   Storm runner reopened too, which is one of my favorites. 

Also here's a pic for today 

20210613_095100.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

That's groovy saltman. Cool stuff. 

I didn't actually know Woodstock was held in the Catskills until I was reading facts about the Catskills last night, lol. Visiting was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be. It's mind blowing that 400,000+ people converged in the middle of a farm in NY. 

Some interesting facts I learned from the museum:

• The farmer who allowed the festival on his land had different political views, but thought they had the right to their opinion because it's a free country, so he let them hold it.
  • Some residents of Bethel, New York were not happy about the whole thing, but others helped pass out food and sandwiches. One lady bought everything at a local farm to supply food.
  • At the original site intended for Woodstock, that town passed an ordinance requiring a permit for any gatherings of 5,000 people just to block it from happening.
  • Since there were only 600 bathrooms, many people did their business in the nearby woods.
  • It took some people 3 days to find their abandoned cars, since the roads became clogged.
  • People had to walk on top of cars to get to the concert because the road was so congested.
  • There were "trip tents" for people who took too much acid; when they recovered, they helped other people recover.
  • People were told to move their tents for the supply helicopter landing pad, but didn't so were woken up at 6 am by the helicopter hovering above them trying to land.

And what I found the most interesting...

• Notes written on paper plates (or whatever they could find to write on), nailed to a tree in hopes to find missed connections:

20210619_155018.thumb.jpg.6b2348b5d87a0b437981812fab463c4b.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 6