the pics from today thread

Justin

4 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I found a baby mouse alive but unable to walk on its own yet.  I Put it near the woods so it wouldn’t get run over, but it probably can’t survive.  I’m thinking maybe a bird dropped it

Thanks for helping that poor baby mouse. I've moved a few turtles off roads while biking. 

31 minutes ago, Schif said:

How did you wind up there? Solid place though. My mom goes for giant cans of crushed tomatoes to make sauce 

Biked from Kirby Park in Kingston to Harvey's Lake and back to explore the Back Mountain and surroundings. Schiff's was near the paved trail which follows the river.

Edited by saltyant

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Biked from Kirby Park in Kingston to Harvey's Lake and back to explore the Back Mountain and surroundings. Schiff's was near the paved trail which follows the river.

Looks like you had a pretty great loop. I hope you got to hang out by the airport and watch planes for a while. That used to be a favorite spot of mine to walk or run. I would have guessed you were taking the back mountain trail, but it looks like you just went for it on the roads. Harvey's Lake is cool to check out but I would be concerned about biking around it. There have been enough bicyclists hit by cars on the road that circles the lake to make me think twice about riding it. 

I love how you go and explore new spots though! Keep getting after it!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Schif said:

Looks like you had a pretty great loop. I hope you got to hang out by the airport and watch planes for a while. That used to be a favorite spot of mine to walk or run. I would have guessed you were taking the back mountain trail, but it looks like you just went for it on the roads. Harvey's Lake is cool to check out but I would be concerned about biking around it. There have been enough bicyclists hit by cars on the road that circles the lake to make me think twice about riding it. 

I love how you go and explore new spots though! Keep getting after it!

Getting hit on any road is always a concern of mine, but I felt pretty safe going around Harvey's Lake as the cars arent going very fast and it's a popular biking loop. I watch approaching cars in my mirror and if they're not moving to the left I look for the nearest exit. Plus had my high viz and rear blinking camera on.

It was a nice ride, the climb leaving Edwardsville was pretty tough with grades of 17%. Didnt see any airplanes at KWBW but looks like a really nice spot to watch planes landing on runway 25.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Getting hit on any road is always a concern of mine, but I felt pretty safe going around Harvey's Lake as the cars arent going very fast and it's a popular biking loop. I watch approaching cars in my mirror and if they're not moving to the left I look for the nearest exit. Plus had my high viz and rear blinking camera on.

It was a nice ride, the climb leaving Edwardsville was pretty tough with grades of 17%. Didnt see any airplanes at KWBW but looks like a really nice spot to watch planes landing on runway 25.

That's pretty disappointing that you didn't see any planes, when you are at the one end of the runway on the trail they come right over your head. I hung out there a while back and watched them pick up and drop off banners once which was pretty cool. 

• Thanks 1