the pics from today thread

Justin

27 minutes ago, Schif said:

That's pretty disappointing that you didn't see any planes, when you are at the one end of the runway on the trail they come right over your head. I hung out there a while back and watched them pick up and drop off banners once which was pretty cool. 

That's certainly a nice spot for plane watching. Maybe one day I'll bring my red chair and sit in the grass with a root beer. Yesterday though I couldn't wait to finish the ride at the end because I was dying of thirst even though I drank my two full water bottles.

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Scoped out Cameback mountain this morning to potentially hike tomorrow morning. 

IMG_20210812_083443_HDR~2.jpg

Get there early my man!  I've hiked it a handful of times from a friend's house that lives nearby, but even before dawn there can be a huge car line coming out of the lot.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

No!

A girl from Boston met a Phoenix police officer on Instagram and she flew to Phoenix to meet him..and so they went on a hike on camelback starting at 1030am on a 105 degree day and part way up she was exhausted and he wanted to finish so he told her to walk back to the car and he’d meet her after he summited and came down.  

He finished the hike at 1pm got back to his car and she was not there so a search began and at 5pm she was found dead in somebodies backyard adjacent to camelback mountain.  Apparently she got off the trail and got lost.  She didn’t have water and he didn’t have water which is insane.  I like having a bottle of water for a walk around a park.  Anyway she was like 31..

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A girl from Boston met a Phoenix police officer on Instagram and she flew to Phoenix to meet him..and so they went on a hike on camelback starting at 1030am on a 105 degree day and part way up she was exhausted and he wanted to finish so he told her to walk back to the car and he’d meet her after he summited and came down.  

He finished the hike at 1pm got back to his car and she was not there so a search began and at 5pm she was found dead in somebodies backyard adjacent to camelback mountain.  Apparently she got off the trail and got lost.  She didn’t have water and he didn’t have water which is insane.  I like having a bottle of water for a walk around a park.  Anyway she was like 31..

shit