the pics from today thread

Justin

First “normal” sporting even in 2 years. No masks, no Covid card checks, “full” attendance. Felt great. 

It’s also a travesty they charge $2.89 for a CUP OF LIQUID CHEESE for your chickies and Pete’s fries. $27.99 for a 24oz bud light, crab fries, and a cheese cup. 

EF88B0AD-07B2-45C1-82BF-7FAF23232D0C.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

First “normal” sporting even in 2 years. No masks, no Covid card checks, “full” attendance. Felt great. 

It’s also a travesty they charge $2.89 for a CUP OF LIQUID CHEESE for your chickies and Pete’s fries. $27.99 for a 24oz bud light, crab fries, and a cheese cup. 

Just give em $30 and say keep the change and enjoy your snack or eat before or after.  They’re smart, they have a captive audience and I’m sure chickie and Pete’s pays a pretty penny to rent their space at the new spectrum. It’s purely lemonade stand economics. Sure they could charge less but they’d be leaving money on the table. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just give em $30 and say keep the change and enjoy your snack or eat before or after.  They’re smart, they have a captive audience and I’m sure chickie and Pete’s pays a pretty penny to rent their space at the new spectrum. It’s purely lemonade stand economics. Sure they could charge less but they’d be leaving money on the table. 

It’s all cashless now, which is annoying for other reasons I won’t get in to.  

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

Thanks for making me hungry for crab fries. It's a Philly sports event staple for me with a Victory HopDevil.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Thanks for making me hungry for crab fries. It's a Philly sports event staple for me with a Victory HopDevil.

It’s a go to for me as well. I usually get them at xfinity beforehand as it’s a few dollars cheaper, but the stand was not open last night for whatever reason. 

22 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

and they won!?

Shockingly. All thanks to Carter Hart. 47 saves on 48 shots is just flat out standing on your head 

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Barb said:

272D5A40-D036-4D16-8701-AA6F6FBEF998.thumb.jpeg.7273ed71f277b9ddab932b816d606b35.jpeg

Another wildfire in Boulder. Thin white line mid mountain height is smoke. It’s in South Boulder so I am good. Started near NCAR, I hike over there a lot

I did a little hiking two summers ago at NCAR , all I could think of was all the ski lines from the parking lot . DO they get enough snow at that elevation ? 

When Boulder gets enough snow, I know there are a bunch of people who run out for some urban skiing. I have never seen people specifically there, more in Chautauqua. I skied a short line off Sanitas a few years ago. But it’s a really pretty area, usually see or hear a rattlesnake or two also. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barb said:

When Boulder gets enough snow, I know there are a bunch of people who run out for some urban skiing. I have never seen people specifically there, more in Chautauqua. I skied a short line off Sanitas a few years ago. But it’s a really pretty area, usually see or hear a rattlesnake or two also. 

Barb how are you feeling?  

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Barb said:

Not steep but Looks like it would be fun . Beautiful area for sure.  Had to pull some cactus thorns out of granddaughters foot shortly after this picture. Mom let her wear flip flops 😖 I was watching out for snakes the whole time. 

1ABEC3D3-3D95-4192-BA9B-91DB21E5D352.jpeg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

I did a little hiking two summers ago at NCAR , all I could think of was all the ski lines from the parking lot . DO they get enough snow at that elevation ? 

I have skied road laps on the little hill below NCAR when I was in college during a giant upslope storm.  Definitely stupid, but the road to Nederland and I70 were closed that day, so there was no getting to a ski area.

16 minutes ago, jordan said:

I have skied road laps on the little hill below NCAR when I was in college during a giant upslope storm.  Definitely stupid, but the road to Nederland and I70 were closed that day, so there was no getting to a ski area.

Nice, looked like about 300 vertical . My curiosity got the best of me cruising down I-70 and I had to check the place out after heading back towards Denver. Glad we stopped, awesome scenery.