the pics from today thread

Justin

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Hiked up the western side of the Lehigh Gap today. Wao! Grate trail. @toast21602 did you know there are trains in the Lehigh Gap?? Also had a Tamaqua sighting while viewing a sign. @AtomicSkier Tamaqua talk.

nP2muWNql_pEaPUQhmVM49QL4ECjk-LvkHzaARHhOsA-2048x1152.thumb.jpg.5bbc863a04351b7775d56ee1cc9ffbfd.jpg

gsdfg.jpg

I remember seeing trains cross that old trestle  when I was a kid .

What did you use for the GPS trace? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Where did you grow up?  My grandfather was into trolleys.  Allentown had a whole system of trolleys.  He even had one like from Mr. Rogers neighborhood in his library.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

The history of this area is fascinating. While standing there I was pondering all the tons of coal that passed through the gap and fueled so much economic growth during the industrial revolution.

I used Strava on my cheap cell phone.

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

The history of this area is fascinating. While standing there I was pondering all the tons of coal that passed through the gap and fueled so much economic growth during the industrial revolution.

I used Strava on my cheap cell phone.

I didn’t know you were into history.  Allentown is old AF. Founded in 1762

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where did you grow up?  My grandfather was into trolleys.  Allentown had a whole system of trolleys.  He even had one like from Mr. Rogers neighborhood in his library.  

West end of Allentown but had relatives in Lehighton . We would visit their place on weekends .

Funny you mention Trolleys I bought a house in Eastern Salisbury and one of the old trolley lines went behind my house . The house was a POS and was literally built from old ties laid on bricks for the foundation . I built a new house on the front of the lot and tore the old one down . 

55 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Does your son ski Blue at all?  

A couple times but the conditions were not good and he didn’t have very much fun. He’s a novice and has a long way to go ability wise. We skied Bear creek a bunch the previous year. Straight lining Blue apparently is a little different 😁

• Haha 1