the pics from today thread

Justin

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Assholes Ben, Ed White from my group goes crazy over the Newhards corn shed in Whitehall.  He has a house in Allentown and purchased his childhood home in Moosic last year at a sheriffs auction for like $65,000. 

The corn from Newhards is great.

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Must be something in the soil maybe they use dead fish to fertilize like the native Americans. I’ve done work for Mr. Newhard at his church.  

It's mostly just cause of how fresh it is. One year I had corn in the garden and it was amazingly good picked and eaten that day

• Like 2

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

It's mostly just cause of how fresh it is. One year I had corn in the garden and it was amazingly good picked and eaten that day

It really is amazing the difference between eating from the garden or the store. I've noticed it most significantly with lettuce/greens of any sort, our carrots, and blue/raspberries. Just incredibly fresh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

It really is amazing the difference between eating from the garden or the store. I've noticed it most significantly with lettuce/greens of any sort, our carrots, and blue/raspberries. Just incredibly fresh.

Definitely. And the redskin potatoes I grew a couple years ago were incredible. The most butter smooth potatoes I've ever had

Up in Marble all day checking on the progress. There was a wicked wind storm a few weeks ago, up to 85mph. Blew down trees all over the neighborhood including 8 on my lot. Luckily none hit the house. 
D60686BC-51D0-490C-9C00-EFF752AAAD64.thumb.jpeg.3e7845c65ef6d6777397c7274beb3032.jpeg

22AE633C-FCAE-426A-8064-39ED6443B22C.thumb.jpeg.541ee35e218a351e51a00c8dc7adea79.jpeg

86A3F7C1-2349-48B3-8A8C-FF2425B571CA.thumb.jpeg.1ebe867766ae08ec2778331262d8cafa.jpeg

my builder suggested I keep a chain saw up here as he had to use one just for get to the property that day. I will definitely need some lessons on how to use it. They kind of scare me. 

Drywall up and being “mudded” if that’s a word. Still shooting for an end of July completion date. 
4B51FF3E-BA25-467B-A8C0-00526AC718E7.thumb.jpeg.677eba536d4c0b83262ae3f8cb90d6d1.jpeg

4F05D0D2-083E-4B1E-A6E2-C58415520E0D.thumb.jpeg.cb94af211cba0075c3403d7ee78a19cd.jpeg

91DFB32C-D8B2-4CB4-AFFE-0DA558FCE99C.thumb.jpeg.433d2f0a797a02a0b9ffab1510a051af.jpeg

some pics from the neighborhood. My dog loves swimming in this pond. Now he smells like funky pond. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

My friend has been dating the same girl since high school and he just posted his engagement, after he said they would never get married.

Do you think you’ll be invited to the wedding?  I would want you to give a speech.  I gave a speech at my sisters rehearsal dinner and it was entertaining but most wedding speeches are somewhere between cringe and boring. 

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you think you’ll be invited to the wedding?  I would want you to give a speech.  I gave a speech at my sisters rehearsal dinner and it was entertaining but most wedding speeches are somewhere between cringe and boring. 

Idk, maybe. I like going for the free food. Sometimes they have shrimp cocktails. I don't want to make a speech or participate at all.

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Pictures from wedding in jersey city.  I honestly think this is the last wedding I’m going to until either @saltyantor my niece and nephew get married.  This was a really boring wedding. Ceremony and speeches were endless and dinner was like three hours after cocktail hour. 

039E1F54-EBE9-46F9-8EDD-E1C5F8F74BF5.jpeg

9CC4E372-9762-43F1-B0A5-4B33444454B4.jpeg

95A717A5-F39B-4069-8F49-E67F69E5F144.jpeg

I didnt take any bathroom selfies, but the wedding i went to Friday night was such a good time. The Church didnt burst into flames since i was there, (kind of the running joke) Cocktail hour was filled with the best horsey-duvers, there was an italian end and a seafood end for plated food.....lobster tails, mussels marinara, little necks, calamari, and lobster mac.  I kinda looked at the whole thing and was like, i kinda remember filling out a dinner card, but this looks like dinner, but with tiny plates. Beer selection was odd, but ok, people are really into the seltzers.   the weather was stellar, and  the after party was outside on the patio after the reception, of course, with more food.  Best part is, it was probably 1/2 a mile from my house.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Is it free food when you have to bring a check as a gift?

Cost me $120 for sport coat, $239 for hotel room but my parents paid for that, gas was about $25 company paid for that I am the company.  $100 cash gift...$29 for parking at garage next to hotel..day off work..cost nothing but cause it was a Sunday night wedding..I could have gone into work in the afternoon but still hungover.  Cookies free. GrilledSteezeSang $9 at the mall food court in jersey city.  

FD74B7BE-801D-406F-B916-E85B3F316A87.jpeg

A25D130A-DEA8-4262-914E-D53E45FFC388.jpeg

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Idk, maybe. I like going for the free food. Sometimes they have shrimp cocktails. I don't want to make a speech or participate at all.

The wedding I went to didn’t even have shrimp cocktail, just calamari and fried rock shrimp during the cocktail hour.  They didn’t have some fine cheeses.  

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I didnt take any bathroom selfies, but the wedding i went to Friday night was such a good time. The Church didnt burst into flames since i was there, (kind of the running joke) Cocktail hour was filled with the best horsey-duvers, there was an italian end and a seafood end for plated food.....lobster tails, mussels marinara, little necks, calamari, and lobster mac.  I kinda looked at the whole thing and was like, i kinda remember filling out a dinner card, but this looks like dinner, but with tiny plates. Beer selection was odd, but ok, people are really into the seltzers.   the weather was stellar, and  the after party was outside on the patio after the reception, of course, with more food.  Best part is, it was probably 1/2 a mile from my house.  

That’s a really convenient wedding.  There was an after party at my cousins wedding but I went back to the hotel with the olds after the make your own sundae bar.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s a really convenient wedding.  There was an after party at my cousins wedding but I went back to the hotel with the olds after the make your own sundae bar.  

Oh yeah, i think they had some type of sundae bar, i didnt really pay attention to it, as much as i like desserts.  they had some baller bread pudding though.  I'm not sure if the sundae bar was a huge hit, as it was a "adult only" reception, which is another thing i found to be pretty awesome about the whole thing.  The cake was sliced up and put into to go bags. 

Weddings sure have changed alot over the past years.   

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Oh yeah, i think they had some type of sundae bar, i didnt really pay attention to it, as much as i like desserts.  they had some baller bread pudding though.  I'm not sure if the sundae bar was a huge hit, as it was a "adult only" reception, which is another thing i found to be pretty awesome about the whole thing.  The cake was sliced up and put into to go bags. 

Weddings sure have changed alot over the past years.   

No kids at this wedding but the 60 and 70 year olds and 42 year olds like ice cream.