the pics from today thread

Justin

19 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Pictures from wedding in jersey city.  I honestly think this is the last wedding I’m going to until either @saltyantor my niece and nephew get married.  This was a really boring wedding. Ceremony and speeches were endless and dinner was like three hours after cocktail hour. 

039E1F54-EBE9-46F9-8EDD-E1C5F8F74BF5.jpeg

9CC4E372-9762-43F1-B0A5-4B33444454B4.jpeg

95A717A5-F39B-4069-8F49-E67F69E5F144.jpeg

You clean up nice Douglass

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

That's cool chair. I don't remember ever seeing one with "Hall" cast into the frame.

Where did that one come from?

I got it from Big Boulder. Not sure what lift it came off of but somebody else might remember. Black Forest seems to be floating around in my head but I haven't been there enough to know actual lift names.

38 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I think it finally might be time for be to freshen this up and figure out how to make it usable outside. just pulled it back out from my basement. @Benm have you done anything yet?

image.thumb.jpeg.0a1a32ac4674312fb6c9541a21ac2a12.jpeg

Personally, i like when they are hung from something.  The ones sitting on legs, i get it, but mehh.  

If you need help decorating it, let me know.  The skis i designed were a big hit.  Very fashionable.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

I think it finally might be time for be to freshen this up and figure out how to make it usable outside. just pulled it back out from my basement. @Benm have you done anything yet?

nope, just disassembled everything so that i could transport it on my own into the garage. maybe i'll get to it one day this summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Schif said:

Even if you just strung it through the hole on top of the chair it would be cool to hang it from a metal cable of sorts. 

Even if you never sat on it, it would look cool just hanging from a tree.  

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

…that’s going to be expensive. 

shout out to Verizon though for bury a fiber optic cable 2 inches into the ground. In an area that makes 0 sense to have it in. 

09DCCAA9-A908-4C62-A53E-8E888AAA9DE3.jpeg

Is that your drop, and do you have Fios? If so, probably won’t cost you anything, but If it’s not safely temp-able service will likely be out for a few days until a bury crew gets to burying a new one.

If it’s your drop and you DON’t have Fios, they likely won’t even replace it now. They’ll put a new one in if you ever switch to them. Make sure to call them a month ahead of when you want service.

If it’s a neighbors drop it still probably won’t cost you anything, but if it’s not safely temp-able you’re probably not his favorite new neighbor. 😂

Interesting to see it direct buried. Everything Fios ran underground around upper bucks was in conduit 

20 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Is that your drop, and do you have Fios? If so, probably won’t cost you anything, but If it’s not safely temp-able service will likely be out for a few days until a bury crew gets to burying a new one.

If it’s your drop and you DON’t have Fios, they likely won’t even replace it now. They’ll put a new one in if you ever switch to them. Make sure to call them a month ahead of when you want service.

If it’s a neighbors drop it still probably won’t cost you anything, but if it’s not safely temp-able you’re probably not his favorite new neighbor. 😂

Interesting to see it direct buried. Everything Fios ran underground around upper bucks was in conduit 

I do have Fios, they’re coming out tomorrow at noon to fix it and that brings along a $99 fee. It’s the drop cable, goes from the box underground and then into my house somewhere (that I can’t seem to find?). There’s no conduit it in at all other than the thing plastic in the photo. I’m hoping the tech will side with me on that part at least that it wasn’t buried or protected very well… shouldn’t have to call 811 and have it painted out to dig in your own yard with a shovel….. 

10 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Why is there no conduit?

Great question, I had the same thought, especially since it’s not deep at all, could’ve easily been hit with a aerator if I did such a think to my lawn. 

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

I do have Fios, they’re coming out tomorrow at noon to fix it and that brings along a $99 fee. It’s the drop cable, goes from the box underground and then into my house somewhere (that I can’t seem to find?). There’s no conduit it in at all other than the thing plastic in the photo. I’m hoping the tech will side with me on that part at least that it wasn’t buried or protected very well… shouldn’t have to call 811 and have it painted out to dig in your own yard with a shovel….. 

Great question, I had the same thought, especially since it’s not deep at all, could’ve easily been hit with a aerator if I did such a think to my lawn. 

I'm surprised by the $99 fee. I know at Comcast, we generally own responsibility for the drop up to the bond block at the side of or just inside the house. Will replace or repair without charge no matter how it gets damaged. Usually our call agents will warn about a service call fee "if the problem is determined to be inside wiring or customer responsibility" but that's basic CYA and means if the tech gets out there and finds out that it's not really a cut UG but something else or the customer didn't check the batteries in the remote or something then they get charged.

There's a ton of coax out there direct buried without conduit, and a lot of it not much deeper than a couple inches. I certainly laid a few thousand feet of it myself in Harford County, MD about a decade ago. 🤣 But that's a whole lot easier to fix than fiber.

Edited by enjoralas

12 hours ago, Kyle said:

…that’s going to be expensive. 

shout out to Verizon though for bury a fiber optic cable 2 inches into the ground. In an area that makes 0 sense to have it in. 

09DCCAA9-A908-4C62-A53E-8E888AAA9DE3.jpeg

We got a fiber line once by pounding in a stake at the end of someones driveway we just paved.  You would actually be amazed at how often a utility isnt where its supposed to be, or buried shallow.  the most popular one is parking lot lights that have outdoor UF just buried shallow behind curbs.  we nail them all the time.  Things start to get interesting when you have to evacuate a building after hitting a gas line, and then of course the FD shows up, cops, etc.  kind of turns into a big thing.  

18 hours ago, trackbiker said:

That's cool chair. I don't remember ever seeing one with "Hall" cast into the frame.

Where did that one come from?

18 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I got it from Big Boulder. Not sure what lift it came off of but somebody else might remember. Black Forest seems to be floating around in my head but I haven't been there enough to know actual lift names.

Confirmed Black Forest lift.

image.thumb.png.dd1f5ae24ffce9964eb1680acdc455a9.png

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, enjoralas said:

I'm surprised by the $99 fee. I know at Comcast, we generally own responsibility for the drop up to the bond block at the side of or just inside the house. Will replace or repair without charge no matter how it gets damaged. Usually our call agents will warn about a service call fee "if the problem is determined to be inside wiring or customer responsibility" but that's basic CYA and means if the tech gets out there and finds out that it's not really a cut UG but something else or the customer didn't check the batteries in the remote or something then they get charged.

There's a ton of coax out there direct buried without conduit, and a lot of it not much deeper than a couple inches. I certainly laid a few thousand feet of it myself in Harford County, MD about a decade ago. 🤣 But that's a whole lot easier to fix than fiber.

They made it seems like it’s $99 no matter what, I’m hoping I don’t get smacked with a bunch of extra charges, it’s my fault I broke the cable but there’s a certain amount of risk they have to inherit burying cables like that, 3 feet from the edge of the slab, 2” down. The average person (or idiot like myself) isn’t going to think to call 811 and have them come out and mark it before putting a spaded shovel in the ground to dig out 2” of topsoil. 

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

They made it seems like it’s $99 no matter what, I’m hoping I don’t get smacked with a bunch of extra charges, it’s my fault I broke the cable but there’s a certain amount of risk they have to inherit burying cables like that, 3 feet from the edge of the slab, 2” down. The average person (or idiot like myself) isn’t going to think to call 811 and have them come out and mark it before putting a spaded shovel in the ground to dig out 2” of topsoil. 

Yeah, I'm sure that's part of the reason that we don't charge for drop repairs or replacements. Everyone knows there's a lot of really shallow drop cable out there. Plant hardline would be another story. It's *almost" always much deeper, and even still most of the times I saw they never charged a homeowner for an honest mistake. If another company doesn't call for locates and/or recklessly disregards good practices, sometimes they will try to go after them for damages. Especially if they're jerks, lol

33 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, I'm sure that's part of the reason that we don't charge for drop repairs or replacements. Everyone knows there's a lot of really shallow drop cable out there. Plant hardline would be another story. It's *almost" always much deeper, and even still most of the times I saw they never charged a homeowner for an honest mistake. If another company doesn't call for locates and/or recklessly disregards good practices, sometimes they will try to go after them for damages. Especially if they're jerks, lol

They missed their window but they’re out now doing a temp drop, fortunately the box is on the back corner of my lot. Tech agreed with me that the line was not buried reasonably deep enough at all so we’ll see what happens with any charges 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

They missed their window but they’re out now doing a temp drop, fortunately the box is on the back corner of my lot. Tech agreed with me that the line was not buried reasonably deep enough at all so we’ll see what happens with any charges 

Nice that the box is right on your lot. Might have been left waiting if it was a few doors down and they had to cross sidewalks/driveways. Like I said, can't speak for VZ, but it would be crazy to charge for that. And there's always the option to get salty and call and bitch for a gift card/account credit

14 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Nice that the box is right on your lot. Might have been left waiting if it was a few doors down and they had to cross sidewalks/driveways. Like I said, can't speak for VZ, but it would be crazy to charge for that. And there's always the option to get salty and call and bitch for a gift card/account credit

Yeah got lucky with the box being right there, tech said no charges, he’s going to list the damages as unavoidable. At the end of the day it was my mistake so if I would’ve had to pay, albeit not happy about it, I probably would’ve done so instead of going the bitch and complain route for something that was ultimately my fault.