the pics from today thread

Justin

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Looks nice and very white.  Is that photo shot with an iPhone or digital camera?

Digital camera, 2 shots, merged with an Android app called Bimostitch, then text added with Picsart.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m not operating a business at a loss.  That sounds dumb.  

I live pretty frugally and would continue to so. It would be a hobby as I tend to agree it would be a tough business model. One of the reasons I got out to Big Snow as I don’t think it’s sustainable. I’m rooting for them but with the big energy cost increases I think they have a tough road. 

On 1/21/2023 at 8:01 PM, saltyant said:

At one point I could see Camelback, Blue, BB and JF at the same time (turning my head around). We truly live in a cool area

Super cool pictures, the escarpment Blue sits on goes for 150 miles or so and becomes the Kittatiny Mtns in NJ and the Gunks in NY. It may seem pedestrian but it's actually pretty interesting geologically and we learned metric fuck tons in general from the whole coal dealio and where PA got folded. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Super cool pictures, the escarpment Blue sits on goes for 150 miles or so and becomes the Kittatiny Mtns in NJ and the Gunks in NY. It may seem pedestrian but it's actually pretty interesting geologically and we learned metric fuck tons in general from the whole coal dealio and where PA got folded. 

And also the old uranium mines along 209 heading down into Jim Thorpe (FKA Mauch Chunk)...
Used to dream about venturing down into them as a kid riding past on the way to grandmother's house up in Nesquehoning before they closed them permanently.

https://www.mcall.com/news/mc-xpm-1985-03-03-2455714-story.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1