Jump to content
Justin

the pics from today thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, zzslope said:

Love this truck.

20180927_102638.jpg

 My neighbors truck that we sprayed for him, as well as helped build. 

 

81163D85-7F95-43F4-90A0-BC38553F4B2D.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all of a sudden i have been thinking i want need something like this.  '55 or '56.  Flat or matte, fairly high HP engine, but still driveable on the street with an OD trans.  Loud AF too.  Like make people think "end of the world" loud.  

Image result for 1955 chevy gasser

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kyle said:

 My neighbors truck that we sprayed for him, as well as helped build. 

 

81163D85-7F95-43F4-90A0-BC38553F4B2D.jpeg

what year truck is that? mid 50's? It is beautiful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

all of a sudden i have been thinking i want need something like this.  '55 or '56.  Flat or matte, fairly high HP engine, but still driveable on the street with an OD trans.  Loud AF too.  Like make people think "end of the world" loud.  

Image result for 1955 chevy gasser

That looks like the car from Road Kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, indiggio said:

To chop it into a rod?

No, love it like it is. It sat pretty low. It was in the home depot parking lot in warrington, had montana plates on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zzslope said:

what year truck is that? mid 50's? It is beautiful.

It’s a 55. Small block Chevy, 5 speed, I forget what else. 

1 hour ago, zzslope said:

No, love it like it is. It sat pretty low. It was in the home depot parking lot in warrington, had montana plates on it.

Montana tags for tax purposes. Bet it’s registered to an LLC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zzslope said:

That looks like the car from Road Kill.

Basically, but im not real big on the gasser front end. I dig the rear wheel well openings being cut open though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we’re on the topic of cars, finally finished this thing after 6 years. 302 5.0 out of a 91 foxbody, 5 speed, e-cam, larger injectors, etc etc. car needs a to be stiffened as it twists the front end on acceleration and the hood hits the fenders 😳

8CD627E0-222B-4D84-B21D-026820653698.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kyle said:

Since we’re on the topic of cars, finally finished this thing after 6 years. 302 5.0 out of a 91 foxbody, 5 speed, e-cam, larger injectors, etc etc. car needs a to be stiffened as it twists the front end on acceleration and the hood hits the fenders 😳

8CD627E0-222B-4D84-B21D-026820653698.jpeg

 a significant other during the late '70's  had a '73 with the 351 windsor, it was really nice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lehigh & NE steamer coming through the Lehigh Gap back into the valley. 1946. 

This is the line that used to run through Walnutport and cross over top the dip on Blue Mountain Drive as you are coming into Danielsville from Cherryville. 

A934906C-4F49-412E-9C83-1001F6A7DC89.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Pretty nice sunrise this morning from my front door, and the sun hitting the mountain giving it a nice orange hue. 

8AFE4B03-4554-48A0-B586-B963FCC496B4.jpeg

EE73A189-9989-4CB9-8B8B-FEFB31698C72.jpeg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Lehigh & NE steamer coming through the Lehigh Gap back into the valley. 1946. 

This is the line that used to run through Walnutport and cross over top the dip on Blue Mountain Drive as you are coming into Danielsville from Cherryville. 

A934906C-4F49-412E-9C83-1001F6A7DC89.jpeg

For those of you who enjoy a little local history like I do, there are some pretty cool archived aerial photos on this site from the 1930s to 1970s in Pennsylvania. For example, here is are pictures from where Blue is in 1938, 1959, 1971. You can get lost in history looking at these pictures, especially with a few beers. Enjoy.

 

http://www.pennpilot.psu.edu/

576E0DB7-33A6-4FCD-9FEC-04C785DBDD49.jpeg

AE33EBA4-E1B5-4D6F-B074-5C26E5AEEB81.jpeg

F9E54CB8-7D26-44E0-BF3D-739F519AF2BF.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where’s this from??

Intersection of connector and come around this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Where’s this from??

Wait...what...how?

Dude...making the JF call over Blue yesterday.
Now this..

Doing it right...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, phillycore said:


Wait...what...how?

Dude...making the JF call over Blue yesterday.
Now this..

Doing it right...emoji106.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting lucky I guess. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×