the pics from today thread

Justin

Just took my dog on a walk. Seems like everybody has their roof shoveled but all the porches have snow. Most more than mine. I saw a red fox too walking down Main Street. Didn’t have my phone. Be prepared for lots of CB pictures. It’s like a postcard here. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Just took my dog on a walk. Seems like everybody has their roof shoveled but all the porches have snow. Most more than mine. I saw a red fox too walking down Main Street. Didn’t have my phone. Be prepared for lots of CB pictures. It’s like a postcard here. 

Have fun. How many days are you skiing for?

3 hours ago, Barb said:

Can't wait for the pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

Not ski related but got to visit the highest inhabited floor (until the Four Seasons opens) at the Comcast Technology Center while there for a work thing today. Nice views

And one from further down, looking at the old building next door

Nice pics. In January 2013 I worked in one of those towers on the left for 8 weeks and had a similar view of 30th Street Station.

The Comcast tower is visible around mile marker 37.3 on I-476 southbound, right after going under the Ridge Rd overpass. It's about 30 miles away from that point.

Edited by saltyant

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nice pics. In January 2013 I worked in one of those towers on the left for 8 weeks and had a similar view of 30th Street Station.

The Comcast tower is visible around mile marker 37.3 on I-476 southbound, right after going under the Ridge Rd overpass. It's about 30 miles away from that point.

Ironically, Ridge Rd is where the Comcast field office that I work out of is located.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, saltyant said:

OK GSS Jr.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, saltyant said:

I've also noticed that for the first time this year.  At first I wasn't sure if I could see all the way to philly from there, but then thought there won't be anything that tall between there and philly

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I've also noticed that for the first time this year.  At first I wasn't sure if I could see all the way to philly from there, but then thought there won't be anything that tall between there and philly

I've been driving the turnpike for a long time and just realized it a few years ago. Here's a pic from phillyskyline.com. I actually stood on the Ridge Road overpass and looked through my binoculars, and then flew my drone there. Yeah, I like stupid geeky things like this.

image.thumb.png.026c3fb11fd08de95ff1df76dd649cea.png

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I've been driving the turnpike for a long time and just realized it a few years ago. Here's a pic from phillyskyline.com. I actually stood on the Ridge Road overpass and looked through my binoculars, and then flew my drone there. Yeah, I like stupid geeky things like this.

image.thumb.png.026c3fb11fd08de95ff1df76dd649cea.png

Nice, I didn't know you could see Liberty 1 and 2, I've driven that route for years and never noticed til like 2 weeks ago

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phillycore said:

Just flipped on the news and I think I saw Salters ski shop on fire....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Posted a link to the story in the “gear” section, wasn’t sure where else to put it.