Jump to content
Justin

the pics from today thread

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Not for nothin', Pocono can be a good time, but if you want to see a great race, go to Dover.  How they dont kill themselves on a track like that is beyond me.  

Some people might find Pocono kind of boring in the grandstands, since the track is so big.  Getting in and out of Pocono is pretty good, they have that figured out.  Dover is a nightmare to get out of, even if you tailgate for a few hours afterwards.  

I agree, I usually hit both Dover and pocono for 1 race a year. Pocono for us is more for camping and spending the weekend with friends. 

 

The slip ramp at 903 is great, out of the lot and on the turnpike within 20 mins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took off about 25 laps in. Nascar for me is fun for the tailgating and the beginning of the race that that's about it. I think I would enjoy a race at Dover but have never been. Pocono bores the hell out of me so it's 99% seeing friends for me. I mean by the time 4 laps went by it was single file racing spread out along 2.5 miles. Boring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Schif said:

I took off about 25 laps in. Nascar for me is fun for the tailgating and the beginning of the race that that's about it. I think I would enjoy a race at Dover but have never been. Pocono bores the hell out of me so it's 99% seeing friends for me. I mean by the time 4 laps went by it was single file racing spread out along 2.5 miles. Boring. 

Dover is great to experience, its Basically a 1 mile track packed inside a football stadium, plus the casino is right there if you get bored. 

 

Agree on the camping though, it’s an easy way to spend a weekend somewhere with friends for sub $100/person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I agree, I usually hit both Dover and pocono for 1 race a year. Pocono for us is more for camping and spending the weekend with friends. 

 

The slip ramp at 903 is great, out of the lot and on the turnpike within 20 mins 

Can you bring your own beer into the racing events 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Can you bring your own beer into the racing events 

Yes but unless you want to really have a bad Monday I would not recommend it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can you bring your own beer into the racing events 


Yes, as long as it’s not glass bottles (at most tracks). Really helps to cut down expenses when you can bring your own vs paying $7 for a bud light.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Schif said:

Yes but unless you want to really have a bad Monday I would not recommend it. 

How is it different than drinking beer on a Sunday during the daytime at blue?  Fuck I was at the bar last night and I feel fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

 


Yes, as long as it’s not glass bottles (at most tracks). Really helps to cut down expenses when you can bring your own vs paying $7 for a bud light.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Millennials love bud light.  Seems to be more popular with them than miller lite at the bar.  Maybe cause of the blue bottles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schif said:

I took off about 25 laps in. Nascar for me is fun for the tailgating and the beginning of the race that that's about it. I think I would enjoy a race at Dover but have never been. Pocono bores the hell out of me so it's 99% seeing friends for me. I mean by the time 4 laps went by it was single file racing spread out along 2.5 miles. Boring. 

i watched it on TV, it looked like the grandstands were pretty full, which is intriguing, because, like you said, its not the best race to go to.  you just cant see all of the track.  i can literally ride my quad from my house to the racetrack, but i havent gone to the race in a few years.  if someone offered me some pit passes, i would definitely go.  if someone offered me their ticket to the grandstands, i would probably decline.  if a bunch of my buddies were going, i would go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i watched it on TV, it looked like the grandstands were pretty full, which is intriguing, because, like you said, its not the best race to go to.  you just cant see all of the track.  i can literally ride my quad from my house to the racetrack, but i havent gone to the race in a few years.  if someone offered me some pit passes, i would definitely go.  if someone offered me their ticket to the grandstands, i would probably decline.  if a bunch of my buddies were going, i would go.  

Next time I get roped into going I'll let you know and you can quad over and have some beers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i watched it on TV, it looked like the grandstands were pretty full, which is intriguing, because, like you said, its not the best race to go to.  you just cant see all of the track.  i can literally ride my quad from my house to the racetrack, but i havent gone to the race in a few years.  if someone offered me some pit passes, i would definitely go.  if someone offered me their ticket to the grandstands, i would probably decline.  if a bunch of my buddies were going, i would go.  

You aren’t in briar crest woods are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just looked up on the map to see where pocono speedway was.  I had no idea it was so close to split rock.  I just kind of figured it was near stroudsburg.  

i did that like an hour ago as well lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kyle said:

You aren’t in briar crest woods are you?

That’s where we used to have our place. Could see the race track from our yard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That’s where we used to have our place. Could see the race track from our yard. 


I think you mentioned that to me years ago. Our place is on fern ridge road. It’s actually up for sale at the moment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used to be able to hear the cars from our old neighborhood during the races. Not anymore since we moved bit further away from there a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f7f15538ceeb97dd074f6ee62c654c8f.jpge88212c6cd4511545bd04917f095dfd3.jpg

Husband’s retirement gift to himself. He really wanted the all chrome tank but supposedly they are having lots of issues with that paint so he settled for this color. He is either going to buy chrome tank when available or have some customer paint work done on this tank.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great presentation Saturday about this bald eagle and golden eagle at Worlds End. The rehab they’re from is actually located right in Jim Thorpe. 

Then we set up camp in the Loyalsock State Forest 

0F04FD5A-BA3E-4AB4-B309-5855E07A0697.jpeg

3DE8A541-7168-4EEC-8D1C-C6F0BA849798.jpeg

2E29D118-73FD-41BA-97FA-BF6D051CBA8C.jpeg

AE346B09-BC7A-4ACC-9C47-18DED4EB1DB3.jpeg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...