the pics from today thread

Justin

40 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Got all the lights on the tree yesterday and none of them work. Thinking of buying LEDs now. Whose idea was it to put filaments in xmas lights. 

I put up some outdoor lights Saturday afternoon, and yeah, i too put up one big set that only had 2/3 lit.  Then like almost every set i grabbed didnt work.  I got so mad i threw them all in the trash.  Sunday, in a better mood, i went out to the trash and grabbed them.  Fixed almost all of them in an hour or so.  These were led's, so dont think they arent without their issues as well.  Its not that the bulb burns out, but the little metal strand that makes contact inside the fixture breaks off, and of course, when "one goes out, they all go out".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I put up some outdoor lights Saturday afternoon, and yeah, i too put up one big set that only had 2/3 lit.  Then like almost every set i grabbed didnt work.  I got so mad i threw them all in the trash.  Sunday, in a better mood, i went out to the trash and grabbed them.  Fixed almost all of them in an hour or so.  These were led's, so dont think they arent without their issues as well.  Its not that the bulb burns out, but the little metal strand that makes contact inside the fixture breaks off, and of course, when "one goes out, they all go out".

Wow Dan you’re so festive.  Maybe put up the nativity scene next weekend 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow Dan you’re so festive.  Maybe put up the nativity scene next weekend 

I really like Christmas, but not so much all the dumb shopping and the gift giving.  Lots of nice parties with friends, a cool work party, seeing my family, etc.  i like lights too.  

I just wish it could be simpler than it is.  

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I really like Christmas, but not so much all the dumb shopping and the gift giving.  Lots of nice parties with friends, a cool work party, seeing my family, etc.  i like lights too.  

I agree. The best part really is all of the get togethers with family and friends. Usually good food and good drinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

I’m attending my first Xmas party in a long time in two weeks. I do like Xmas bonus and being off from work.