Tahoe still sucking, but better

Timeless

Just a quick update from the west coast, with one big storm things got a lot better, during the storm itself a couple of weeks ago we got some powder days but on very limited terrain. 2 weeks later, a lot of new terrain is open but with only a couple of light snow events in between it's basically just nice groomers and chunky frozen crap everywhere else.

here's a pic from the weekend at Squalpine, hard to complain about 2 days of glorious sunshine, "dusty" loose snow over hardpack and perfect groomers in the mornings, for an east coaster this was fun time. This is my 11 year old enjoying his new gotama's

post-109-0-45778500-1328821146_thumb.jpg

Austria !! Nice dude

Innsbruck ? St. Anton ? Kitz

Based in Villach, quite close to the italian border, I have a design center there that needs quite a bit of attention recently, not decided where I will ride this week, have to see how much time I get.

I should be out there mid March, I really hope you guys pick up some snow before then.

looks promising for later this month, I have friends coming out early march and I hope they see some snow this time, last year they came in january and we had a 3 week drought, it dumped again 2 days after they left.

Based in Villach, quite close to the italian border, I have a design center there that needs quite a bit of attention recently, not decided where I will ride this week, have to see how much time I get.

Damn dude that is cool, I rode at Gerlizen a great many years ago. Cool place kinda noobish though, was coming from Ljubljana to go to Zurich I think that is the area you are talking about.

Damn dude that is cool, I rode at Gerlizen a great many years ago. Cool place kinda noobish though, was coming from Ljubljana to go to Zurich I think that is the area you are talking about.

Yeah, Gerlizen is just over the hill from my office, a bit touristy but pretty decent, lots of other places in a short drive with bigger/better terrain. Snow has been better further north so far this year.

doesnt seem like it. i'm curious about the life of johnny law

I actually have never really been through the American south.

It was all dumb luck. My roomate freshman year was a ESL kid from Moscow who was actually a junior but had only passed 3 classes, he already had friends so they became my friends. I went to Albright so like 1000 kids in the entire school. The people who liked to party were pretty much the same 200 kids for 4 years so we ended up pretty tight. I had friends from Northern Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, Russia, Japan, China, HK, Nigeria, Spain and a really good friend from Morroco and another from France. ESL kids get federal money so Albright really liked ESL kids, they were like 20% of the student body when I was there.

When they asked if I wanted to visit I just said yes, if you only need plane and fucking around money its pretty cheap. I was really lucky and we've stayed friends all this time but right this second I'm doing the be at home with my kid thing, I'm sure in the future when she's 13 and hates me I'll go back to doing more traveling. LOL

Definitely involved some corn hole.

LOL not mine so that's all that matters, though I think I'm supposed to get a colonoscopy soon or maybe that is 40.

• 2 weeks later...

post-109-0-98101200-1329927336_thumb.jpg

View from my office window in Austria, the top of this hill is Gerlizen, as you can see the southern half of the alps have not gotten so much snow so the skiing is (relatively) pretty poor here. I decided not to waste my only available day here this trip and hit "Molltaler" on the way back to Germany. For the vert-freaks, this place is a little under 2000m vert, but the top 600m or so are glaicial so fairly mild pitch. Snow was amazing though, visibility a little (very) limited.

I really have to organise a trip where I have more than 1 day to look around the austrian alps, there are some amazing places here and for anyone who's never been I would highly recommend a trip. Access is really easy even if you want the easy/cheap route of flying into Munich it's a 2 hour drive into the mountains of Austria.

Edited by Timeless
  • Like 1