Splitboards?

Ride Delaware ?

I demo'd a Burton Freebird last year in Whistler. Being the only one I've ever used I don't really have anything to compare it to but I enjoyed it. If I lived somewhere that got enough snow to really use it I would definitely get one. Touring around was a ton of fun and a great work out. The one I rode was either a 157 or 158 and I'm pretty sure it used Voile hardware.

Look into venture, they make really nice stuff. Bindings i'd look at sparks R&D bindings

I looke into Venture since I've heard great things about their quality, but they are definitely expensive... $895 for just the board... With another $200 or so for the hardware an skins (maybe more), that's a pretty penny... The freebird can be had for $600 retail or $450 for a year old model...

If your worrying about spending money splitting may not be for you then. It's expensive no matter how you look at it. A splitboard is going to be something you have for awhile so why skimp on it. Even if you get a good deal on a board you still looking at well over a 1000 for a nice set up.

Edited by Dan-
  • Like 1

If your worrying about spending money splitting may not be for you then. It's expensive no matter how you look at it. A splitboard is going to be something you have for awhile so why skimp on it. Even if you get a good deal on a board you still looking at well over a 1000 for a nice set up.

x1000

A cheap board will have a cheap interface like the 100 companies before who tried to do it cheap and that shit will crap out on you somewhere far from home when your gear is actually important. At that moment the 1k you saved and then spent on gas/beer/east german hookers is going to look pretty stupid.

If you want to tour let me know we do a number of trips a year, this year sucks because the daks are best left for ice skating but we got a couple of rock pile trips coming up.

If you have a board already and don't mind turning it into a splitboard you could send it to this guy. He does excellent work. http://customsplitboards.com/

He did Travis Rice's split boards when he filmed for Deeper. It's a bit pricey but i've never heard a single complaint about him. But exactly like Law said. You want something that's not going to fail you when you need it most.