Quick Trip to Sno

NMSKI

Here you go NMSki...scroll down to sections over 300 feet long. Looks like the upper section of White lightning averages 32 degrees for 400 feet over just over 200 vert.

http://www.skiernet....ski-trails.html

Thanks man, this is interesting.

Even though it ain't 40 degrees, Sno is still keeping some pretty decent company from looking at this list.

• Like 1

Rick Bolger is a friend of mine and really tries try to cut the BS out of the other ski web sites. He tells it like it is. If you want to want find out the real truth about ski areas around the country check out www.skiernet.com

A bit off track for this thread, but I have to take exception to this. I looked at the reviews of my local resorts and it doesn't seem like he has any real knowledge of this area. Yes, he loves Squaw (who doesn't) and his views of Alpine are pretty much on target, but apart from his obvious dislike of snowboarders, his views on sugarbowl, as elitist and expensive are way off. He is also talking about the Northstar of a few years back before the "Ritz-ification", anyone going there now would see a very different resort (and not in a good way). Also think he completely misses the essence of Kirkwood.

All in all, not impressed.

Here you go NMSki...scroll down to sections over 300 feet long. Looks like the upper section of White lightning averages 32 degrees for 400 feet over just over 200 vert.

http://www.skiernet....ski-trails.html

Pretty much dead on as I checked last night with Patrol & Ops....32 degrees at 213 feet...give or take a few and also add the variables depending on snowfall, grooming, ect

Can't wait for your report. I can speak for the three of us when I say that I would enjoy going back. That place is a lot of fun and I would love to get back.

Nice to see the support, esp from the Mods. Thanks!

• Like 1

Went up today for some fun in the sun. Arrived at about 1:30 and took first run down Cannonball. Bottom of the quad someone could be seen building up the bumps on Lightning with a shovel...sweet.

Used this app for the first time today and it was awesome, couple screen shots but no pictures sorry.

Here's the overall day:

7e8e3573.jpg

Overall tracks on satellite view:

0de6631b.jpg

Some speed and vert stats:

d64a3350.jpg

And my trip to the ski check and bar after the runs and I forgot to turn off the app:

3fb223ab.jpg

Fun day, might head up tomorrow for a couple runs depending on the weather.

• Like 1

Ok, so here's the report.

Met up with Toast and Justo, because PASR loves a good carpool. The ride up was mostly uneventful. My gps however thought the ski area is where the mall is, and there's not a lot of signs pointing us in the right direction. Once we got there, we fell in love with the parking lot. It's like the moon.

IMG_0079.JPG

The lodge is mid mountain...different. We clicked in and let gravity do the work. Nice soft cord.

IMG_0080.JPG

Even some natural on the ground to whiten the place up.

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

After a few runs, we got thirsty.

IMG_0089.JPG

This into Rattler was the run of the day.

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

Toast

IMG_0096.JPG

Justo

IMG_0097.JPG

Me

IMG_0100.JPG

Rattler - very fun trail.

IMG_0102.JPG

Me again.

IMG_0111.JPG

I don't even want to speculate what the guy in the passenger seat of the minivan is thinking. Choclate Classics on the air again.

IMG_0109.JPG

The parking lot setup isn't bad if you're a passholder. Easy access on/off the snow. Sno has a fun flow to it. Nothing very challenging, and it's a different how the steepest sections are on the lower part of the mountain. I think we would have gotten more runs in if the long haul was running. I would like to make this an annual PASR stop. After Sno, I decided to hit Blue up on the way home. Long day but worth it. Gotta find ways to keep it interesting this season, and a trip to Sno fit the bill nicely.

• Like 2

Nice pics and thanks for the report. Wish there was more real stuff on the ground to show you, but...can't do thing one about that I guess.

A little late in the season I guess now but I would really like to hook up with the PASR crew to get some pics. If we can arrange it for next season I think...like a PASR Day...I'm all for it.