TR JF 2/23/12 warm wet again .... Timmy bus got lost in the woods

Robert2

Got a real late start today cuz the Timmy Bus driver got lost in the woods.

As we were leaving the main highway I fired up the PHRESHEES app just for giggles.

After we drove around in a few circles and I made him stop the bus and key into

GOOGLE EARTH the address of the next pickup.

We were miles from where he was supposed to be.

Then as we arrived at Jack Frost I played back this PHRESHEES movie of our lost trip in the woods and

noticed my battery was almost dead.

So WHATS UP WITH THAT?

PHRESHEES tracking eats the battery?

Got a real late start today cuz the Timmy Bus driver got lost in the woods.

As we were leaving the main highway I fired up the PHRESHEES app just for giggles.

After we drove around in a few circles and I made him stop the bus and key into

GOOGLE EARTH the address of the next pickup.

We were miles from where he was supposed to be.

Then as we arrived at Jack Frost I played back this PHRESHEES movie of our lost trip in the woods and

noticed my battery was almost dead.

So WHATS UP WITH THAT?

PHRESHEES tracking eats the battery?

the main reason i deleted that dumb app. and it just isn't very friendly to use. there are much better apps out there. plus i would rather listen to spotify while on the hill.

• Haha 1

How was the skiing??

I agree...

Skiing was really good. Spring conditions. It was warm and sunny. Snow was your typical spring stuff...a mixture of slush and mash potatoes.

Floyd's was great as always.....really fast. According to some ski app my buddy Jason had we were hitting 55mph. Not too bad for the wet snow conditions we were dealing with at the time.

They pick up any white stuff last night?

Surprisingly yes. Got at least 2 inches last night at JF. They really caught a break on weather for once. There wasn't much rain at all. I let my dog outside last night at about 2 AM and was totally shocked to see my porch covered in snow. I live pretty far from JF so I get rain/sleet a lot of times when JF gets snow. Not sure what BB got, but I imagine they got mostly snow just like JF. Woohoo!

Yesterday's lunch special was pulled pork BBQ sandwich with au gratin potatoes. Today's special is tilapia, snap peas, and rice. Amazing! That's reason enough for me to be here. YUM!

Surprisingly yes. Got at least 2 inches last night at JF. They really caught a break on weather for once. There wasn't much rain at all. I let my dog outside last night at about 2 AM and was totally shocked to see my porch covered in snow. I live pretty far from JF so I get rain/sleet a lot of times when JF gets snow. Not sure what BB got, but I imagine they got mostly snow just like JF. Woohoo!

Yesterday's lunch special was pulled pork BBQ sandwich with au gratin potatoes. Today's special is tilapia, snap peas, and rice. Amazing! That's reason enough for me to be here. YUM!

It has been claimed that the inflammation potential of tilapia is higher than a hamburger or bacon.

Look up IS TILAPIA BAD FOR YOU on the web.

This sort of sucks because tilapia tastes good and is really friggin cheap.

I bought 20 pounds of tilapia for a summer picnic and went on the web looking for cooking instructions and found all these studies about how tilapia is worse for you than eating juicy fat dripping Wendy's cheesburgers.

I threw out that tilapia. I just coun't see feeding it to my guests.

Its a bitch because I go to a restaurant looking for a vegetarian meal and settle on fish because its supposed to be good for you.

But not tilapia. Tilapia will kill you.

I don't need another stroke so I try to watch what I eat.

• Like 1

Also, don't take everything you see at face value R2. http://www.aboutseafood.com/press/media-blog/sensational-tilapia-story-begins-unravel

"So, despite the warnings to the media it's happened again. A reporter eager for a sensational headline has botched a story about seafood science and in the process created an unnecessary scare.

This time it's the Winston Salem Journal and its insistence that researchers have discovered the "possible dangers of tilapia." Suggesting that people should be warned against eating it because it might be "risky" and going as far as to quote a researcher who suggests eating bacon or ground beef might have more healthful properties.

Wow-sounds like a story, right? Ground breaking stuff here- a once-believed inherently healthy food relegated to the recycling bin overnight?

Not so fast, Woodward. Let's get Bernstein on the line and do a little research into this theory that foods with lower omega-3's and higher omega-6's are unhealthy and let's also do a little research into this researcher too, how ‘bout it?

Well, well, well... it turns out there is no scientific consensus that lower-omega-3, higher-omega-6 fish are unhealthy. And the very journal that published the tilapia research, Journal of the American Dietetic Association, also devotes three pages to a research editorial by William Harris PhD that blasts the aforementioned research theory.

And then there's this- the researcher who's busy publicizing these surprising findings about omega-6's and their effect on inflammation, well he just happens to be selling a book about that issue and a diet program and hosts a website devoted to it as well. Hmmmm.

None of these facts were mentioned in the Winston Salem Journal article and with those egregious omissions in mind we have endeavored to bring these breaches in journalism standards to the paper's attention and remind them that when unintended consequences of sound bite science start effecting people's health the media is partly responsible.

Additionally, we contacted the Associated Press whose name was attached to a story about this topic that was posted on MSNBC.com - the AP made it very clear that they had not written or endorsed this story and they contacted MSNBC.com and had the site remove the mis-branded story immediately."