Sno Mountain has closed for the 2011/12 season

KCSKI

The weather finally beat us. So, with that said it brings an end, at least for us... to what is going down as the worst Winter for ALL ski resorts and anything cold weather related as far as sports,..hell even the snow plow contractors took a beating this year.

I want to take the time here to thank all of you for believing in us this season. It was a rocky start, a lot of misinformation, lack of snow/cold...everything bad that could be thrown at us was, but..we prevailed. I'm glad that I was able to show some doubters here that we would survive and continue to improve. Good things happened this year, perfect snow making, Long Haul Spinning, lighting being added...lol..even new pads on Phebe.

I kinda want to say "I told ya' so!", but...I'm just happy things turned out well for the most part for not just us, but you as the skiing public and we got a chance to prove to all of you that we can pull it off.

On a personal note, I take my leave now from the mountain, with the exception of some photo shoots for the water park, the Festival in May, but I plan on returning once again next season, camera in tow, bitching about hiking UP the slopes for that shot I just gotta have. And, I woudn't trade my job for anything.

Keep an eye on the facebook for the mountain as there are great deals in the works for next season starting up in July, and even great deals for the water park starting in April.

To all of you, have a great Summer!

Kevin@SnoMtn

• Like 1

KCSKI, Thanks for your posts and keeping us informed on what was going on. Place looked good when I was there this year. Keep us informed on any new developments and any deals on the water park.

Thank you..and...will do.

I was so impressed with my visit this season that i am contemplating a season pass next year. The mountain has so much potential, and with some investment could become the best in the area IMO. The only thing holding me back is the park, which needed a ton of work. Add some more park trails, and make them on par with the other hills in the area, and i can guarantee at least 5 pass holders next year with myself and friends.

• Like 1

^ Thanks all of you for the props...we still have a ways to go..I know the park has been an issue, but the lack of winter put a crimp on some plans. One thing that did not get implemented was the "Rail Garden" next to the tubing hill, which would have afforded those using that area the use of the magic carpet to get back to the top instead of hiking up. I think that would be a big hit...also, after talking to my "Park rats"..kids that are always there...they seem to have fallen in love with those huge PVC pipes we had set up at the bottom of the park. I discussed that with management and there might be a possibility of seeing those scattered throughout the resort next season.

Air bags came into discussion as well....my boss is for it...I have my reservations..and even most of the kids said it would be worth more to expand stuff in the park than lump all the $$ into one attraction. Thoughts anyone? Now would be a good time to hear things.

The Summer activities are starting to get worked on now...and I will post a new thread on that as soon as I am done here...the Zip rider is of course our big attraction and sold out most days it was open last year. We also discussed opening an area for paintball, we do have a group from the Allentown area that is interested in setting up Mountain bike trails..and I am pushing for a skatepark soooo bad I'm surprised I haven't had a snowboard lobbed at me yet.

So..yeah...we're working on things...not everything is gonna happen tomorrow but the main thing is to show all of you that we are forging ahead.

As far as me, like Melissa stated, all you need is someone that likes to talk and promote. That's me. I had a great time this year and other than setting the maze lines up in the mornings for the Lift Department & filling in when they needed me to step back into a supervisor role..my job primarily was to take pics, talk to people...and listen, and then take that and turn it into a constructive attitude and put it into motion. Many in the past said Sno doesn't listen to anyone. That's not true, we do...some of what you see done this season is either your suggestions, and even some of mine. Sometimes it doesn't get done all that quick to suit some people, but we have a zillion things that might be in front of the line. I have all of you to thank once again as let's face it..we were the punching bag on this site for a while, and it's nice to see that all of you have an open mind and waited to see if we would prove ourselves.

For that..once again...Thank You.

don't waste money on an airbag. enough of those around this region. its a big investment to make unless you can get it sponsored. improve the park before you get an airbag. if you have an airbag to throw tricks on an no park to throw trick in, then what is the point? scrap the idea for now.

• Like 2

don't waste money on an airbag. enough of those around this region. its a big investment to make unless you can get it sponsored. improve the park before you get an airbag. if you have an airbag to throw tricks on an no park to throw trick in, then what is the point? scrap the idea for now.

Good point..and....nice to see people not being led blindly just "Because" they think we should have one.