3/17 - PASR Celebration / Gaper Day / St. Patrick's at Blue

IwantIceCream

You spend $200 a week just on your car but make up for it with hot pockets and cheap wine...bahahahahaha. I haz a dinner date coming up soon she better like Chilis and yes she haz donkey tits.

I doubt Jeff drinks cheap wine, and whatever happened to the last lady you were dating? Get tired of 2 for $20 and you dropped her?

She got deported....anyway since ski season has been over I've saved money on gas and tinners...$8 gas roundtrip to Blue and tinnies ain't cheap...plus lots of soft prezals, Sheetz, kentucky fried chicken and white castle on the way home. I only went to the BMDI once this season and no Grumpys.

I thought she was of foreign decent, not actually foreign... I'm sorry to hear that... I'm also sorry to see that the BMDI only got your patronage once this season... However, I can't expect too much since you only logged days in the 30s this year... Remember the days of 100? I expect a return to at least the 50s next year...

I only spent $12 yesterday...but just got $50 in gas...karaoke tomorrow night...cool story Hansel and yes me and Jeff are moving to Aspen in a few years...wiggle

Aspen tombstone branch?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all...

It was great to meet everyone this morning. :yes

I rolled up into the lot bright and early (in the fog) to find Grilled Steeze, AtomicSkier and BMTrubs....I introduced myself and delivered a plentiful bounty of 2 dozen donuts as my contribution to the festivity. Some more arrivals and meet and greets and then it was time to head up to see what conditions were like....

Productivity: 7 runs off the Comet Quad.

Run of the Day: Challenge (Graphic details below) <eg>

GrilledSteeze and I took 3 early runs down Lazy Mile and it was nice - enjoyable and fast. It was apparent from our lift rides that the Eastern third of the mountain was unwelcoming to us on this day - the snow had eroded considerably since Thursday evening rendering Paradise, Nightmare, Razor's Edge and all below it as unskiable. Next year.

So we then headed to Challenge....my run started out very nicely - it was easily skiable and down I went - cruised down the first third of the slope with some good speed and really not bothered by the conditions underfoot....Then Hell rained upon Me. Visibility was hindered where it begins to flatten (in relative terms) due to the fog and I was not really noticing the hard frozen cookies - a feature that chose to reveal itself right as I was starting to make some minor turns to take off some speed. I hit those and skidded into some moguls (small ones) on the right side of the trail and I was history. Flew through the air headfirst careening down the slope - off snap the skis and I KEPT SLIDING on the hardpack. I eventually come to a stop and GSteeze (who witnessed this Grand Display was immediately imploring "are you OK? are you OK?" ...My rejoinder to this was no response at all... "Where the f*ck are my skis?" (one of them was 50 feet or so uphill behind me...so I lay there in the mess gathering myself - and finally said =- "Yeah - I'm fine". Mega Yardsale. I was really happy that GSteeze was there to witness it! As a secondary note - I am also glad I am OK. It was elegant.

I get back on my feet and we complete the run to the bottom.....GSS headed to the parking lot and I headed back up the hill and took a run down Lazy Mile - just to kind of reassure myself that everything was working after the crash. It was. :yes

At this point I headed to the lot for an extended break.......which eventually became PASR Social Hour. A Blue Mountain maintenance truck pulls up (2 BM staff) and wants to know (about the table) "what do we have here? Exclusive parking?" I just shrugged and asked them...."would you like a donut?" They each took one and left the PASR table alone - the donuts erased their concern over it, apparently.

I was enjoying relaxing, chatting, and sharing a drink with everyone. I was happy to see that there was a solid dent in the donuts.

NASTARGlenn was quite the gourmand operating Justo's grill...upon Root's table. Great Team Effort! Those sausages looked GREAT but (as I told a few of you) - I adhered to my New Year's resolution and stuck to my diet...though I did cave in and drink a beer - Thanks, Root. Maybe NEXT YEAR, I will even grill some specialties myself at a future PASR meeting. I am well capable.

After social hour, we all headed back to the slopes.....I shared chair rides with JohnnyStyle, Mellissa, Vin and Phillycore. Fun times. In deference to The Awesome Power of Challenge (as evidenced by my earlier telling of the Yard Sale), I stayed the hell away from it and skied Main Street the final 2 runs of the day. ("Respect the Mountain").

So now I am home...and for me, this ski season is now in the books - I will not be returning on Sunday....but I do look forward to December when Blue wakes up again.....and I hope to see and ski with some of you again as circumstances allow.

Best Regards, Bill aka IwantIceCream

This was a great day!!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2012 at 1:53 PM, IwantIceCream said:

Hello all...

It was great to meet everyone this morning. :yes

I rolled up into the lot bright and early (in the fog) to find Grilled Steeze, AtomicSkier and BMTrubs....I introduced myself and delivered a plentiful bounty of 2 dozen donuts as my contribution to the festivity. Some more arrivals and meet and greets and then it was time to head up to see what conditions were like....

Productivity: 7 runs off the Comet Quad.

Run of the Day: Challenge (Graphic details below) <eg>

GrilledSteeze and I took 3 early runs down Lazy Mile and it was nice - enjoyable and fast. It was apparent from our lift rides that the Eastern third of the mountain was unwelcoming to us on this day - the snow had eroded considerably since Thursday evening rendering Paradise, Nightmare, Razor's Edge and all below it as unskiable. Next year.

So we then headed to Challenge....my run started out very nicely - it was easily skiable and down I went - cruised down the first third of the slope with some good speed and really not bothered by the conditions underfoot....Then Hell rained upon Me. Visibility was hindered where it begins to flatten (in relative terms) due to the fog and I was not really noticing the hard frozen cookies - a feature that chose to reveal itself right as I was starting to make some minor turns to take off some speed. I hit those and skidded into some moguls (small ones) on the right side of the trail and I was history. Flew through the air headfirst careening down the slope - off snap the skis and I KEPT SLIDING on the hardpack. I eventually come to a stop and GSteeze (who witnessed this Grand Display was immediately imploring "are you OK? are you OK?" ...My rejoinder to this was no response at all... "Where the f*ck are my skis?" (one of them was 50 feet or so uphill behind me...so I lay there in the mess gathering myself - and finally said =- "Yeah - I'm fine". Mega Yardsale. I was really happy that GSteeze was there to witness it! As a secondary note - I am also glad I am OK. It was elegant.

I get back on my feet and we complete the run to the bottom.....GSS headed to the parking lot and I headed back up the hill and took a run down Lazy Mile - just to kind of reassure myself that everything was working after the crash. It was. :yes

At this point I headed to the lot for an extended break.......which eventually became PASR Social Hour. A Blue Mountain maintenance truck pulls up (2 BM staff) and wants to know (about the table) "what do we have here? Exclusive parking?" I just shrugged and asked them...."would you like a donut?" They each took one and left the PASR table alone - the donuts erased their concern over it, apparently.

I was enjoying relaxing, chatting, and sharing a drink with everyone. I was happy to see that there was a solid dent in the donuts.

NASTARGlenn was quite the gourmand operating Justo's grill...upon Root's table. Great Team Effort! Those sausages looked GREAT but (as I told a few of you) - I adhered to my New Year's resolution and stuck to my diet...though I did cave in and drink a beer - Thanks, Root. Maybe NEXT YEAR, I will even grill some specialties myself at a future PASR meeting. I am well capable.

After social hour, we all headed back to the slopes.....I shared chair rides with JohnnyStyle, Mellissa, Vin and Phillycore. Fun times. In deference to The Awesome Power of Challenge (as evidenced by my earlier telling of the Yard Sale), I stayed the hell away from it and skied Main Street the final 2 runs of the day. ("Respect the Mountain").

So now I am home...and for me, this ski season is now in the books - I will not be returning on Sunday....but I do look forward to December when Blue wakes up again.....and I hope to see and ski with some of you again as circumstances allow.

Best Regards, Bill aka IwantIceCream

I'm gonna message ILikeIceCream on FB and see if he is gonna ski with us this season. He can bring donuts on sausage Sunday.