3/17 - PASR Celebration / Gaper Day / St. Patrick's at Blue

IwantIceCream

It's been a week...only 30something more weeks.

I'm hoping for a november start next season.

heh...shadows is just a jealous hater...European Delivery was awesome. Maybe I should put the rear plate back on?

img13.jpg

You should have been on a motorcycle for those roads. What a view.
  • Like 1

I'm hoping for a november start next season.

You should have been on a motorcycle for those roads. What a view.

there were no shortage of bikes...that was taken near the top of the Fluela plass on the eastern side heading down into Bormio, Italy (home to a yearly FIS ski race). It starts in Davos, Italy (another ski down). I mostly wanted to drive it because it was featured on Top Gear's "greatest roads in Europe". They/we did Lichtenstein -> Davos -> Bormio -> Bolzano via the Fluela and Stelvio. On our way into Italy from Switerzland at the bottom of the Fluela, we were waiting for the Munt La Schera tunnel traffic light to turn green, and a few bikes pulled up next to me in the queuing lanes, and I heard English with a lot of "eh"s. Sure enough, they were from Canada, had rented bikes and were hitting all the great passes. When we popped out of the tunnel (the bikes insisted I go first through this almost scary very narrow one lane tunnel)...we popped out along Lake Livigno which had an awesome half tunnel/road along the reservoir where the highlight of my trip occurred...about 15 Ferraris and Lambo's came ripping through the mostly enclosed roadway screaming at full throttle. It was deafening and awesome.

You can see the tunnel snaking along the lake:

img14.jpg

Despite this season being short I had a lot of really fun days, met a couple more PASRs(ZZSlope)...IWantIceCream...am I missing anybody...and had some good laughs which is what life is all about.

I miss Blue...you can call me Bob Dylan cause I'm tangled up in Blue. I think there's an 80s song by the Romantics called What I Like About Blue....and of course for the RnB fans Robin Thicke has a song called I'm lost without Blue also a remix with Lil Wayne called I'm lost without Jack Frost.

This was an excellent season for me. The conditions at blue were so random that I became a better skier just by having to deal with the variable conditions. I really enjoyed meeting a few of the PASR's. Due to knowing who you were through the chat room, meeting you all had a feeling of meeting celebrities.